Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Thanks Tree3Thanks
  • 1 Post By leeshor
  • 1 Post By Spider
  • 1 Post By J515OP

Thread: Dad needs help..Please

Junior Member Achievements:
    7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Coby MID7015-4G

Talking Dad needs help..Please

Hello,

My name is Greg. We got a Coby MID7015A 1.6a 01/26/11 2.6.29 Root Android 2.1 for Christmas. I want to download some educational apps on if for my 2 sons but we dont have wi-fi. Is there anywhere I can down load apps to my home comp and then transfer them to the tablet. Any and all help would be great.

Thanks,

Greg

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 469
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First Class 10,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 1 year registered 5,000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Transformer Prime & TF700
    Hi Greg and welcome to the forum

Downloading to your computer is not generally something the legitimate app sites allow. I suggest you find a public WiFi hotspot that your could use. You also could use a friend's WiFi long enough to download what you need.

It is possible to get a fairly inexpensive nano router that would convert your wired connection to a WiFi connection. Maybe $29-$39 US.
    GregKline thanked this.
    Locked out of your Tablet? - Printing from an Android tablet (or phone) - Connecting to the Internet with no WiFi - Move/copy/cut/paste files to and from your tablet - WiFi connection issues - Getting Flash Player
    TF201 & TF700 (stock) with dock, .

Administrator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points Recommendation First Class Recommendation Second Class

Member #
    Level
    Device
    NOOK Tablet Stock NOOKcolor Rooted & ManualNooted Google Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB
    Hello Greg, congratulations on your new Coby MID7015A and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!
    GregKline thanked this.
    If it's important to you, you'll find a
    way. If not, you'll find an excuse.
    If you're too busy for friends,
    You're too busy.
    Attention lurkers! Join the forum,
    and enter Spider into the referrer
    field of the application.The $0.00
    USD fee will be waived.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget
    how you made them feel.

7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Coby MID7015-4G
    Thanks Guys. I tried the wifi thing. My tablet has Appslib and it keeps saying its not compatable. Where can I find the Android Market or Google Play that is compatam\ble with my tablet. Also I keep hearing about rooting it to make it perform better. Is this necesary being this tablet will ne mostly used for educational reasons.

Thanks,

Greg

Super Moderator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 25,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    Hi Greg, welcome. Please checkout the Coby Tablets section (that is a link). I am not familiar with your particular device but I believe it does not include access to the official Google Play Store. In that case you would need to root your device. There are other alternatives to the Google Play Store for apps which may not require root, including Amazon and those that can be found here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...-appstore.html. You will need to access some sort of app store for educational apps.

JP
    GregKline thanked this.
    Nexus 7
    Nook Color -
    (SD): 1. CM7 7.1.0, 2. CM7 7.0.3 Encore
    (eMMC): CM10 Nightlies
    Nook Tablet 16GB: Jelly Bean
    VTAB1008: Rooted Gingerbread

Android OS Help & How To

“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstein

7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Coby MID7015-4G
    Quote Originally Posted by J515OP View Post
    Hi Greg, welcome. Please checkout the Coby Tablets section (that is a link). I am not familiar with your particular device but I believe it does not include access to the official Google Play Store. In that case you would need to root your device. There are other alternatives to the Google Play Store for apps which may not require root, including Amazon and those that can be found here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...-appstore.html. You will need to access some sort of app store for educational apps.

JP
    What is the best way to root my tablet. I have looked at a couple of diiferent threads on here telling me how to. Which one is the best?

Greg

Super Moderator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 25,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    Best to ask that question in the threads you are considering following. Somebody should be able to give you some guidance specifically related to those discussions. My best advice is to read and read and read about rooting for your device. Then when you think you understand it, ask about anything you still aren't sure about. After doing that you will have a very high likely hood of having an easy rooting experience.

Watch out for tinkeritus though. Rooting, ROMing and otherwise playing with the guts of Android can be addicting

JP
    Nexus 7
    Nook Color -
    (SD): 1. CM7 7.1.0, 2. CM7 7.0.3 Encore
    (eMMC): CM10 Nightlies
    Nook Tablet 16GB: Jelly Bean
    VTAB1008: Rooted Gingerbread

Android OS Help & How To

“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstein

Ads: