Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Acer Iconia Tab A500

SD Card in Acer Iconia Tab A500

Hi all,
    Newbie when it comes to tablets and having trouble getting used to android 3.1. I inserted a 16GB micro card. I believe the system looks at the card as an 'external' storage devise. When checking the system under 'storage it is recognize it but indicates about 1.5 gigs less than capacity. My problem is I do not know how to access and use it. I have downloaded a few programs claiming to move items to the card off of the internal memory. When I highlight the info or program I want to move I get a screen of data but the 'button' needed to move it does not come up or is not visable. The same program works on my smart home but not on my Acer tablet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Richard.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

w2k
    100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Acer Iconia
    I have the exact same problem. It recognizes the i ternal memory, but not the external micro sd.

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Acer Iconia Tab A500
    My Acer A500 appears to recognize the external SD micro card, as I said, but other than providing me with a remaining capacity I find no where in the manual how to access it. I believe when I connected the tablet to my PC via the USB connection that my PC only recognized the internal card so what good is having the capability of up to a 32 GB additional micro card. I had hoped that one of the programs on the 'market icon that advertised the transfer capabilities would solve the problem. So far I haven't found one. Maybe the Acer site or forum can help.

Member #
    Device
    Acer Iconia A500
    The SD card is identified as External SD, the internal memory is also called an SD. You can only see the 'internal SD' when connected to the PC. The benefit of using the SD card is to put music, photos, videos on to save internal memory on your tablet.

None of the apps that are SD capable will transfer to your external SD card. That is not possible (right now?) on Honeycomb.

Hope this helps. This is my understanding of the system....if I have something wrong, please let me know.

Bob

Member #
    Device
    Acer Iconia Tab A500
    Thanks. I was afraid of that. I took some photos with the tablet and they went directly to the internal SD card. So you are saying that the only use for the 16 gig or 32 gig external SD micro card is to add already taken pictures, video or music transferred from the PC! What a bummer! I'm assuming I can transfer photos and videos I take from the internal SD card into the computer than back off the computer onto the micro SD via the micro adapter connected to the pc. I can't see why a file manager program wouldn't be able to read both cards and transfer files back and forth! I'm starting to think this android system is crap! Thanks again. Richard

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Acer Iconia A500
    Quote Originally Posted by rhurter691 View Post
    Thanks. I was afraid of that. I took some photos with the tablet and they went directly to the internal SD card. So you are saying that the only use for the 16 gig or 32 gig external SD micro card is to add already taken pictures, video or music transferred from the PC! What a bummer! I'm assuming I can transfer photos and videos I take from the internal SD card into the computer than back off the computer onto the micro SD via the micro adapter connected to the pc. I can't see why a file manager program wouldn't be able to read both cards and transfer files back and forth! I'm starting to think this android system is crap! Thanks again. Richard

actually, within the camera app you can select to either save to internal sd or external sd, at least on the iconia you can. the option is on the lower right hand corner

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Acer Iconia a500
    For me, with flash drives, I use a program called es file explorer to access my flash drive and all of the data upon it. I would.d assume the same holds true with external SD cards (I haven't personally tried them, so cannot confirm). Once the external SD card is mounted, you'd need to navigate to the /mnt/<SD card drive> directory (where <SD card drive> is the name of your external SD card given by the system... which could change from one SD card to another). You should be able to copy files from/to your SD card using es file explorer (or any explorer like app for that matter).

3 months registered 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Iconia Acer a500
    I was wondering if you would be able to transfer files (pdf's) to the external sd card and still be able to read them through Adobe Reader/LumiRead?

Thanks,
    --Kitafraya

100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    a500
    I have a 32 gb card and I use filexpert and can move things back and forth from drive to drive but when connected to a win pc it will only see the internal

Member #

Exclamation 32 gb external chip

It has a flaw with this at the present time. There was an app I saw called mount all. I do not want to pay for this so I will wait until they release a fix.

Regards

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: