Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Results 1 to 5 of 5
Thanks Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By pbrauer

Thread: Clear GMail account

  1. #1
    Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

    Member #
    7018
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1

    Clear GMail account

    Hello folks,

    I've been an Android tablet owner for about 3 hours now. My brand spanking new device came with somebody else's gmail account already set up on it!

    I set up my own, and tried to delete the other, but the system won't let me, claiming the account is needed by some applications, and I would have to do a factory reset first to clear all data.

    So I attempted a Factory Reset, clicked all the "are your sure" buttons, and was presented with an instruction to connect the usb host to do factory restore???? Nothing further happened, and nothing got reset.

    Any attempt to do anything brings up a password error on the other gmail account...

    WTF?

    1) Have I been passed a 2nd hand unit as new?

    2) How can I get rid of the other account?

    It's a 7" MID X5A device with 2.1 installed.

    Any clues greatly appreciated.

    Regards,

    Pcal
    Last edited by pcal; 11-16-2010 at 05:03 AM.

  2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Administrator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

    Member #
    4111
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Edina, MN USA
    Posts
    3,651
    Thanked
    556 times
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78
    Go to Settings->Accounts & Sync Settings->Manage Accounts.

    Does the account show up here? If so, try to select the account and turn off all sync settings, then you should be able to remove it from the bottom of the screen.
    smithwbs thanked this.
    Peter B. - email: tardis@androidtablets.net | Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: pbbrauer@gmail.com
    Current Devices, ROMs:
    (Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-9.4.2.15 v1 ROM
    (Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3

    Remember to "Thank" people that help you out! |Click here for general Questions?

  4. #3
    Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 100 Experience Points

    Member #
    6439
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    23
    Device
    Apad Irobot
    Quote Originally Posted by pcal View Post
    Hello folks,

    My brand spanking new device came with somebody else's gmail account already set up on it!

    Pcal
    Looks To me that it wasnt so new, lol.

  5. #4
    Junior Member Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

    Member #
    18110
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wayne
    Posts
    1
    Device
    Froyo Nook color rooted via auto nooter, Stock froyo Moto Droid OG

    Smile I do not see Manage Accounts : I need to clear Gmail data on Nook Color

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Go to Settings->Accounts & Sync Settings->Manage Accounts.

    Does the account show up here? If so, try to select the account and turn off all sync settings, then you should be able to remove it from the bottom of the screen.
    On the reply above; i need help. I logged into Gmail prior to rooting (Froyo via auto nooter root proc), and now when i am prompted (right after clicking the android robot logo) to enter my info, it seems to accept it when i continue setup (Login) but it just blinks and returns to the Gmail sign-in/ sign-up screen. Any ideas of how to clear out the gmail? My NC isn't showing my the "Accounts/ Sync" settings, or "Manage Accounts" any place.
    I've tried going to the native B&N settings interface, and tried the "NookColor Tools" interface for settings and do not find accounts info.

    *Edit to original; This is solved. In order to fix my [this] issue, i clicked the menu soft key while in the setup interface (when Gmail sign-in is prompting user), It will then give access to Accounts. I clicked Add Account, and since i had previously logged in prior to auto nooter root, my account was listed (but you can enter yours if not seen), click Add, and this should fix this particular Gmail issue. Let me know if it works for you whom have issue similar to this one.

    Thanks in advance if someone could please respond here.
    Last edited by mikeg1978; 02-17-2011 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Solution found

  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Member #
    63094
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg1978 View Post
    On the reply above; i need help. I logged into Gmail prior to rooting (Froyo via auto nooter root proc), and now when i am prompted (right after clicking the android robot logo) to enter my info, it seems to accept it when i continue setup (Login) but it just blinks and returns to the Gmail sign-in/ sign-up screen. Any ideas of how to clear out the gmail? My NC isn't showing my the "Accounts/ Sync" settings, or "Manage Accounts" any place.
    I've tried going to the native B&N settings interface, and tried the "NookColor Tools" interface for settings and do not find accounts info.

    *Edit to original; This is solved. In order to fix my [this] issue, i clicked the menu soft key while in the setup interface (when Gmail sign-in is prompting user), It will then give access to Accounts. I clicked Add Account, and since i had previously logged in prior to auto nooter root, my account was listed (but you can enter yours if not seen), click Add, and this should fix this particular Gmail issue. Let me know if it works for you whom have issue similar to this one.

    Thanks in advance if someone could please respond here.
    This should do the trick:

    http://www.speedy.vuurwerk.nl/images/gm.jpg

    sorry for the language but it's the settings menu on the samsung galaxy tab.


 

Ads:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. How can I delete an email account?
    By cata1000 in forum Android Tablet Usage, Tips & Tricks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-08-2014, 06:57 AM
  2. How to logout from Gmail
    By hhzorrilla in forum Android Tablet Q&A
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 07:40 PM
  3. M701 Newbie can't log into google account
    By hotbaws in forum Telechips TCC8902 Tablets
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 09:45 AM
  4. Looking for some holiday shopping advice, help me stear clear of iPad!
    By adambean in forum Android Tablet Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 11:56 PM
  5. eBuddy or Meebo account adding help needed
    By michaelbr in forum Android Tablet Usage, Tips & Tricks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 01:45 AM

Search tags for this page

delete gmail account from tablet
,

delete gmail account on android tablet

,

how can i delete a gmail account on my tablet

,
how can i unistall or delete gmail off of my andriod tablet
,
how do i delete gmail account from android tablet
,
how ro removegmailfrommytablet
,
how to delete a gmail account on a tablet
,

how to delete gmail account on android tablet

,
how to get rid of gmail account required by applications
,
how to remove account from android tablet
,

how to remove gmail account from android tablet

,
how to remove gmail account in android tablet
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.11
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Android Tablets.net is not affiliated or associated with Google, Android Project or any of the device manufacturers listed on this site.
We are simply an enthusiast site.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 PM.