Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Junior Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class

Member #
    Device
    Archos Arnova 10 G2

Arnova G2 10. No power or boot after first battery drain. Custom firmware installed.

Arnova G2 10.

I installed the custom firmware (for marketplace access) a couple of weeks ago, shortly after the unit's first use. Everything went fine and it worked great for multiple tests (web, apps, video, etc). It'd been restarted and shut down a handful of times. I sent the gift to my father who also used it no problem via AC and battery until the battery did it's first die. Since then he has no power, boot, lights, etc. Seems dead.

We have no way of reverting back to factory without addressing the problem at hand. Surely it's under warranty (extended service plan via SageMax), but it has the custom firmware on it… Any ideas? Maybe SageMax won't notice the firmware upgrade, not being the manufacturer, addressing the dead unit?

Any help would be great. I thought I might have to dick around with re-flashing/warranty work one day…not a couple weeks after he got it. Figured a new topic was fine as I think this is different than "bricked" after firmware install?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78
    plug it in and do nothing for 20 minutes. it is possible it is actualy too dead to boot even if plugged in
    Peter B. - email: tardis@androidtablets.net | Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: pbbrauer@gmail.com
    Current Devices, ROMs:
    (Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-9.4.2.15 v1 ROM
    (Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3

Remember to "Thank" people that help you out! |Click here for general Questions?

Tagger Second Class

Member #
    Device
    Archos Arnova 10 G2

Fixed!

Hi,

Thanks for the help. I'll keep that suggestion in mind; however, my father's tablet is now operational again from a combination of doing a reset in the pin-hole and/or re-aligning the two-prong North American adapter at the end of the power adapter. He's unsure which one did it, but it is up and running. Potential false alarm. But, again, thanks a lot!

Steve

1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 3 months registered 250 Experience Points 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Nexus 7 16gb, Arnova 7 G2
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcabdrv View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for the help. I'll keep that suggestion in mind; however, my father's tablet is now operational again from a combination of doing a reset in the pin-hole and/or re-aligning the two-prong North American adapter at the end of the power adapter. He's unsure which one did it, but it is up and running. Potential false alarm. But, again, thanks a lot!

Steve
    It's also worth noting, especially when dealing with someone remotely, over the phone for example, that they are using the correct socket on the tablet. The charger jack for the 10 G2 will actually fit into the headphone socket, which is a little alarming, and I'm willing to hazard a guess that a lot of 'it doesn't charge' panics are down to this.

Ads: