Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior Member Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered Tagger Second Class 31 days registered

Member #

Screen not responding to touch - ASUS Transformer

Hi everyone, just got an ASUS Eee Pad Trasnformer (without dock) today and set it up at work, played with it for bit and everthing was working fine.

Got home about 2 hours ago and now when I wake it from Sleep, the touch screen is not responding at all. Have tried everything, power is 98%, plugged into a PC, did the hard reboot. Eventually did the system restore and wiping the data to start setup again. But all to no avail.

The screen isn't responding at all. Its very frustrating as I want to play with it some more!!!

The system was stock standard, no rooting or firmware update. It was running 3.0.1.

Hope someone has experienced this and can help.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Asus Transformer
    I am one of the lucky ones that received mine the first week out. I also have had the same problem. If the tablet goes to sleep for 10 or 15 min., it wakes up OK. If it is left for an hour or so it wakes, but evidently does not install the touchscreen drivers. I have been able to reset mine by waking it, holding down the power button until it asks if you want to power off, release button then hold down again until the screen goes black. Next turn on tablet like normal. Hope this helps. Just a note, I did the firmware update and the problem still exists.

100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Asus eee pad Transformer

Same for me !

I got mine 2 days ago, and now it stop responding on touch...
    tried restarting and cleaning the screen with no luck

ARRRGH!

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    eee transformer
    I just got mine yesterday. Everything went well last night and I charged it to 100%. Now this morning it went to sleep and I experienced the same problem and cannot open the screen. I tried what mnstence said and it did not work on mine. Is it possible to contact Asus about this?

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    eee transformer

My Touch Screen Problem

I reported earlier that my screen was unresponsive to touch. Working with Asus Tech Support (which was a hassle, he kept putting me on hold) they had me do a total data wipe and the screen was still a problem. They gave me an RMA.

When I told them I just got it yesterday they would not pay for shipment or just swap for a new one. They also could not tell me how long it would take.

Very disappointed because I really like the device when I was working with it last night.

100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    asus eee transformer

Hello, just bought the transformer 05/25/2011.. use it noteven 4 hours in 3 days and the touch screen as stop responding......Did the systemrestore at least i had the external keyboard to work with but still no luck....the graphics on the asus site were blinking randomly like there was a short inthe graphics processing. Thank god i can return this piece to the store ibought it before it was too late....very disappointed as i have been an asus fan for a long time.....

Member #
    Device
    Asus EEE Pad Transformer 32 Gb.
    Dear all.

I also got a Transformer. After I updated it to 3.1 it did exactly what has been described. I performed a hard reset (several times), factory reset, flashing earlier versions of the firmware many times but to no avail. I sended it back and received another one. After updating it to 3.1 (as suggested by Asus) the screen went unresponsive again. I read on another forum that it had helped discharing the battery completely so I did that. Voila... the screen is responsive again :-) So BEWARE of installing the 3.1 update!!!!!

Cheers

Peter

Member #
    Device
    Asus Transformer
    Hi all. I also have a Transformer, and it's touch screen became unresponsive today. I rebooted the tablet a couple of times - but the screen remained resolutely unresponsive (could not unlock via touch). However, at the suggestion of a friend, I switched the tablet off, and left it switched off for 30 minutes before booting it back up - and the screen was operational again.

Background: I got this Transformer, with the keyboard dock, on the 2nd of June and immediately upgraded it to Android 3.1 - and I have had no trouble with it until today. Whilst the touch screen was completely unresponsive, everything else about the tablet seemed to work: it still auto-rotated, and I could unlock it using the keyboard - and navigate using the keyboard's touch pad. I tried un-docking, re-docking the tablet, rebooting whilst docked, and un-docked, but nothing had any effect other than leaving it switched off for a period of time. I did not have to discharge the battery - it was at 98% when I switched it back on (which I'm rather relieved about - discharging it may have taken some time).

31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    is this problem solved yet?

i'm planning to buy asus transformer too, but kinda worried about this problem....

is the problem come after update to 3.1 or before?

31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    asus eee transformer
    Hi,
    after 2 days of reading suggestions how to fix touch response Got solution. just manual overide existing firmware in my case is ww_8.4.4.5. just visit asus website at
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Eee- ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101 and follow instruction. work like charm. thank you all for support.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: