Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Hmm, found out how to do the factory reset on it. Problem is, it took out all the extra apps that came with it.

I wouldn't advise doing this unless you don't want the apps that came with the device, like if you are returning it and want your info wiped off.

Do your normal Settings -> Privacy -> Factory Data Reset -> Reset Tablet-PC
    Before you click on 'Erase Everything' hold down the Home button on the back.
    The device should either reboot (keep the Home key down) or power off. I've had it do both to me.
    If it powered off, just keep the Home key pressed and power it back on.

It looks like the key here is to go into recovery mode on the very NEXT boot after choosing to do a factory reset. And to go into recovery mode you hold the Home key down as it powers up.
    There were a couple of times that the screen turned a sickly white. I just stuck a paper clip in the reset hole and it came back up just fine.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    Gentouch 78
    I also found out last night that if you power on the machine while holding the menu button you will boot to an Android System Recovery Utility.
    Options include:
    reboot system now
    apply sdcard:update.zip
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition

only problem is that I haven't figured out how to select an option. Holding down any button does not bring up the keyboard and the touch screen does not respond at this point. Look like you need an external keyboard to select anything.

Member #
    I am also having this same problem. I called Augen and they said and update for the factory reset / clearing of private data would be available on Thursday. I bought mine and it has a defective screen, and I can't return it until I clear the private data and I cannot. I hope this fix does indeed come out on Thursday because I am anxious to return this and swap it for one with a good screen.

Developer
    Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    COBY KYROS 7015 | 7015A
    What's wrong with the screen? Dead pixels or stuck pixels or the screen is washed out showing more grey?

Member #
    It's strange. There is a line down the center and the right side of that line is darker. At first I thought it was a graphical effect because it only shows up on darker colors, so i thought it was a sort-of theme thing. But when I went to view photos and videos I realized, oh crap, it's a defect. You can't see this division line on white or light colors, so that's why I thought it was an effect at first.
    Name:  screen.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  45.8 KB

Member #
    I think it's a neat device, especially if the company fixes everything they promised to fix in the supposed Thursday update. The touchscreen isn't great but I have nice hard acrylic nails which I consider "tools" and they make a great stylus, hehe. What's strange is that the first thing I did with the device was download and install the Kindle app. I was even able to sync my books and read on it all evening. The next day when I decided to (try to) do a reset / clear data, it deleted the kindle app of course. Once I realized I'd have to wait until Thursday to clear data and return/exchange the device, I figured I'd reinstall the kindle app so I could read on it. Well NOW I can no longer download apps from the app store which is one of the major complaints about the device. How strange I was able to do that before but not now. I hope the patch comes out Thursday and fixes all they said it would. Because while it's not a fantastic device, it's a neato fun device for the money.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by braveit1 View Post
    I also found out last night that if you power on the machine while holding the menu button you will boot to an Android System Recovery Utility.
    Options include:
    reboot system now
    apply sdcard:update.zip
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition

only problem is that I haven't figured out how to select an option. Holding down any button does not bring up the keyboard and the touch screen does not respond at this point. Look like you need an external keyboard to select anything.
    After running the calibration patch, the Menu and Search buttons move the selection up and down and the Back button chooses the selection. The factory reset wipes not only all the user data but also the extra applications.

Member #
    I downloaded the calibration patch but can't get it to run. I'm
    new to android. I may have to call Augen for help.

Member #
    Hmm. The patch didn't delete any of my stuff. The patch does make a HUGE difference though.

Member #
    I tried to download the updates for the Gentouch that came out today. They either won't download or won't install.

Name:  4863727441_19bafafeb1.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  88.4 KB Name:  00error.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  42.8 KB

Tried to call support today but I got home too late. I'll call them tomorrow. I'm getting more and more frustrated. If this device would just work like it should, I'd be happy with it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads: