Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #

Initial WiFi setup problems...

Having read every bit of advice and reviews, I picked up my Gentouch at Kmart today. Everything works as expected -- looks and works very similar to my Droid X, including the WiFi setup. Problem is, even though my Droid X has no problems connecting to my wireless network at home, my Gentouch will not. I put in the network name, triple checked the password, the Gentouch knows what encryption settings I have, but does not actually connect. WiFi is enabled of course; I've deleted and re-entered the network information several times. I can live with the other limitations of this device, but WiFi not working is a dealbreaker!

Anyone have any similar problems? No response yet from Augen support, nothing else in the FAQs on their site.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    User with most referrers

Member #
    Level
    Have you tried removing the password from your wireless router that has been known to work, or try resetting your router and tablet and see if that helps.

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    When I enabled WiFi, it found my router and asked for a password. After entering the password, it registered with the router, got an IP address and I've been browsing the internet just fine. I was even able to use the file browser to access files on my Win7 PC. FTP connections also work, although it has a tendancy to hang when requesting directory contents.

My main complaint is that I can't download anything from the Android Store. It says Starting Download and then just hangs.

Back to your WiFi connection, you might also try seeing if you can connect using a public hot-spot.

Member #
    OK, I will give those a try... thanks.

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Veteran 50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    User with most referrers

Member #
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by dadown View Post
    When I enabled WiFi, it found my router and asked for a password. After entering the password, it registered with the router, got an IP address and I've been browsing the internet just fine. I was even able to use the file browser to access files on my Win7 PC. FTP connections also work, although it has a tendancy to hang when requesting directory contents.

My main complaint is that I can't download anything from the Android Store. It says Starting Download and then just hangs.

Back to your WiFi connection, you might also try seeing if you can connect using a public hot-spot.
    what kind of tablet do you have?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by probbiethe1 View Post
    what kind of tablet do you have?
    A Kmart Gentouch.

Member #
    Gentouch has problems accessing the Android Market. A patch was suppose to be released on 7/30/2010, but they only released the drivers for USB connectivity. Hopefully a patch will be out within the next few days to address that. As for the wi-fi connectivity problems, what is the level of security on your router (wep, wpa, etc.)??

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    User with most referrers

Member #
    Level
    Scarybob did that work for you.

dadown until the patch comes out you can side load apps by downloading them to a memory card and then using a file explorer to open them and install them

Member #
    slideme.org has a variety on Android apps that you can download.

Administrator Achievements:
    100,000 Experience Points Veteran 50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Asus Transformer TF300, Huwaei Ideos S7-104, HSG X5A, (Past APAD IMX515, APAD RK2808, RK2818 RT7)
    If your wifi has issues after changing routers or locations, it may be a hardware issue. The Telechips TCC8902 platform the Augen is equipped with is not all that robust. I wouldn't be surprised if there are quality control issues.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: