Factory Restore - Coby Tablet MID7015
I was wondering if there was a way to factory restore the MID7015.
I followed the guides to root the device but I am not really seeing any benefits and its slower then before.
Tried applying the update from the coby website but it failed.
Hopefully someone here has an idea.
02-16-2011 10:33 PM
PERFORMING A FACTORY RESET
WARNING - THIS WILL DELETE ANY CHANGES YOU HAVE MADE TO THE DEVICE. IT WILL BE LIKE YOU JUST TOOK IT OUT OF THE BOX.
1. First we will delete all user data on the device. To do this, go to Settings from the home screen. Click on "Privacy" and then click on "Factory Data Reset." Go through the data reset process. This will remove all personal data from the device.
2. Now you need to enter the recovery console. To do this, hold both the silver return button on the front of the tablet AND the
power button until you see the green Android robot standing next to a warning triangle. When you see these logos, let go of both buttons.
3. Press the silver return button by itself. The recovery menu should appear. To navigate the recovery menu, you use the
home and menu buttons on the tablet. Home scrolls up and menu scrolls down.
4. Use the menu button to scroll down to "wipe data/factory reset." Use the silver return button to select this option. Another screen will appear. Use the menu button to scroll down to "yes -- delete all user data" and press the silver return button to select this option. The device will wipe the data and then it will return to the main recovery screen.
5. When it returns to the main recovery screen, "reboot system now" should be the option selected. Use the silver return button to select this option. The tablet will reboot.
That's it! This should return everything to an unmodified state and should allow you to "start over" if you have had a lot of trouble with this process.
Hope this helps,
Will that also get rid of the Clockwork Recovery Mod?
Yes...it is a full reset back its original state.
Hi there Newbie here.
My daughter owns a Colby Kyros and has forgotten the code to unlock it, the part where you swype over the dots to unlock it.
I figured this was an easy fix as I would just do a master reset however it will not go past the UNLOCK SEQUENCE.
Once unlocked I'm going to root it so we can really use it..
Thank you for your help.
Originally Posted by code347
Sorry to contradict you but it wont. You will never get to the Android robot standing next to a warning triangle but instead to the Clockwork recovery mode menu. I just tried it again for the xxx time and same result. As far as I can see, there is no way to get rid of the Clockwork mode once installed.
It's definitely possible to remove clockworkmod recovery. I've done it accidentally about three different times now. Go to the 2nd option under item #1 in this post: xda-developers - View Single Post - Coby Kyros 7015 - Getting the Most Out of Eclair (Android 2.1) That is a link to the modified update.zip of the most recent Coby update. It has been modified to work with clockworkmod recovery, but once you install that zip it will replace clockworkmod with the standard recovery. I would say that this is currently the easiest way to get your Coby tablet back to stock. All it takes is:
Originally Posted by alimag
1) Delete all files in your /nand partition using a file manager.
2) Download the modified update.zip and put it on your sdcard.
2) Reboot into clockworkmod recovery.
3) Do a wipe data/factory reset in clockworkmod.
4) Install the modified update.zip through clockworkmod.
5) Remember to remove your sdcard before returning the tablet to the store.
Last edited by yoop; 02-18-2011 at 09:44 AM.
I just applied the "old" Koby Kyros update and it removed Clockworkmod but left my apps as I had them. Here is that zip file if you need it: http://db.tt/4l1TU4D
You can now do your factory reset as described by Popeye1128 above. Good luck!
i have the coby pad thing and i did what you said but when i hold the silver button and the power it just goes to the screen to shut it down i think my kids messed with something and turned it off do know how to fix that
you got to hold that when powering on, the device needs to be off. don't let go till the recovery menu comes up.
if you have the terminal & root you can just type:
from a running system.
there is also a app called quick boot, that makes it easy to select options.
the free version is what i use.