Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    I have a 8gb usb flash drive(formatted: fat32) i plug it into my kyros. well it sees the flash driveand at the top bar it says preparing usb mass storage. but i cant get to files in my flash drive.(i have used a file manager(linda) and my tablet hasn't rooted yet.)
    Is there any way to access files at my usb flash drive?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Achievements:
    5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Coby MID7015-4G
    I'm using a card reader. Same issue as others I connect it and get the messages on the status bar of connecting USB external storage. The card reader mounts on scsi and I can copy across the photos I want. But unmounting is not so easy.
    With a simple Gscript I have "umount /scsi" I can unmount the card reader. Checking with AndExplorer scsi is empty now.
    But when I unplug the the card reader I still get the ring tone and warning that the storage device was disconnected expectantly.
    I'm still googling for an answer.

absurd,
    Can you see the /scsi folder with linda? That's where the drive should be IF it's FAT32. There is no auto mount for ntfs, ext3, ext4 etc.
    For root I used
    http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...ps-rooted.html
    especially post #6 and post #9
    The Coby already is "rooted" and with the SuperUser app you can then use backup and restore following the sticky but skipping z4root and gapps Market.

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Thank you for your answer i have been able to access my usb drive via scsi folder as for unmounting it i just shut down my device for safe removal. I will have my micro sd card tomorrow and then will work on rooting finally

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    If downloaded a bunch of movies to a flash drive, would I be able to view the movies from the flash drive? I have been hesitant to connect a flash drive as I don't want to freeze up my Kyros or mess it up in any way.

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Coby Kyros 7015
    I have been watching movies with my flashdrive, so far so good. Depending what I'm doing I use umount before removing the usb, or I turn the table off. What I try not to do is delete stuff from the pendrive.

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Using a ScanDisk Cruzer 8GB flashdrive for movies and picture viewing at the moment with no problems.

1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridgeland View Post
    I'm using a card reader. Same issue as others I connect it and get the messages on the status bar of connecting USB external storage. The card reader mounts on scsi and I can copy across the photos I want. But unmounting is not so easy.
    With a simple Gscript I have "umount /scsi" I can unmount the card reader. Checking with AndExplorer scsi is empty now.
    But when I unplug the the card reader I still get the ring tone and warning that the storage device was disconnected expectantly.
    I'm still googling for an answer.
    I was wondering the same thing as you. For me I get "preparing sd card" pop up in the notification area and then there is nothing in the notification area like you get for mounting externally etc.

I've rooted my device, so when I run "terminal emulator" I tried the following:
    su
    umount /scsi

but I always get failed. I even listed my mounts and tried:
    umount /dev/block//void/8:1
    But that fails too.

Commands like "umount /dev/block//void/8:1 /scsi" and "umount /scsi -f" are rejected. This might be Terminals Emulator's support of the command maybe.

I would have thought though, if your script does remove it from AndExplorer then it won't be accessible from the system (which means you won't get damage on removal, it just hasn't informed the system). If you list your mounts ("mount" on its own) has it been removed? If so, you should have no problem for removal.

I'll try gscript perhaps.

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    how to umount my pendrive?
    Sorry for my english heheheh I use google translate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ads: