Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    coby kyros mid7015

Question kyros mid7015 and usb mass storage

hi to everyone, im new with tblets and android, nd i hve a question

i plug my usb menory with the usb mini cable to full size usb, and in the notification bar says, "preparing usb mass storge", with help of a file browser i find the directori of my usb, but the really question is How to unmount the usb mass storare device for safe removal???? i already check all the setings and i dont find nothing can someone help me.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Coby Kyros 7015
    Until somebody responds with a quick way, the safe (but slow) way is to shut your tablet down, disconnect the drive, then restart the tablet.

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Coby Kyros 7015
    I really find it hard to believe that after almost a month this still has no answer. Is there no command line mode? no app or script? is it a problem with all android 2.1 tablets?
    Last edited by lvaleria; 02-09-2011 at 05:40 AM.

l_n
    Senior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Mid7015
    if you have a terminal emulator and root access you could always use umount...

500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points Tagger Second Class

Member #
    Device
    Coby Kyros MID7015
    Really, no one knows this already??

The answer is simple. With the device plugged into a computer turn on the screen (unlock if you have to) and then slide your finger down from the top of the screen. The notifications tray will slide down to reveal USB options. Depending on which storage device you have mounted for use with your computer you should see an option to "mount" the drive or "unmount" the drive (if it's already mounted). Once you select this option the device will unmount the storage device from the connected machine and prepare it for use with the Coby Tablet. When all is done, the device can be safely unplugged.

It should work the same way with external storage devices; in fact I know it does as I disconnect my flash drives this way.

l_n
    1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Mid7015
    Bkenney: I think you misunderstand the question. They've mounted flash drives on their tablets. The device doesn't really provide an auto unmount option for them.

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Coby Kyros 7015
    Ok, I've installed a terminal emulator and the device is rooted (at least I installed z4root and selected the permanent root, did I miss something there?) , I plug the pendrive in and the mount command confirms it's there, in /scsi, so i do a "su umount /scsi" and it doesn't respond (sing of success according to man) but doing mount again shows it's still there, and if I unplug it it still gives me the "USB storage unexpectedly removed"
    Please help?

l_n

Member #
    Device
    Mid7015
    su {enter}
    umount /scsi {enter}

500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points Tagger Second Class

Member #
    Device
    Coby Kyros MID7015
    Quote Originally Posted by l_n View Post
    Bkenney: I think you misunderstand the question. They've mounted flash drives on their tablets. The device doesn't really provide an auto unmount option for them.
    Mine gives me an option to unmount the drive in the notifications tray when I plug in an external flash drive...

Sent from my MID7015

Member #
    Device
    Coby Kyros 7015
    Quote Originally Posted by l_n View Post
    su {enter}
    umount /scsi {enter}
    did that too, first time z4root asked if I wanted to give permission, and i did. That makes /scsi go away from the list mount gives, but still when I unplug the pendrive it says it was removed unexpectedly. (sorry I didn't write that in the post before, but I tried that one after going to bed, and my wifi was already off for the night)

Quote Originally Posted by BKenney View Post
    Mine gives me an option to unmount the drive in the notifications tray when I plug in an external flash drive...
    When I plug it it gives me mounting messages, but they disappear from the notifications list and I have nothing left to click. Maybe something extra you installed?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: