Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree2Thanks

Thread: Force Close Messages?

Moderator Achievements:
    10,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color (Rooted)

Force Close Messages?

What exactly causes these? I'm getting a lot lately. All different apps-email, the market, Kindle app, Google Voice Search, etc. If I tap "Wait" all seems fine. I'm trying to figure out what the Kyros' problem is. Could it be a memory thing? I do have quite a few apps installed.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Early days of Android apps I would say. There are so many hardware variables out there. One of the reasons why Apple has a strong app store... one platform.
    Google Voice doesn't work, made for phone application I would guess.
    If it really gets bad, you may have to reload a stable boot save.... you do have one right????

Moderator Achievements:
    10,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color (Rooted)
    Yes I do! :-)

Administrator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78
    There is another major cause that is related to permissions issues. You can fix this with ROM Manager which is available from the market. If you have it, look for the Fix Permissions function, which should resolve a lot of the FC issues.
    Beeeeeeeeer thanked this.
    Peter B. - email: tardis@androidtablets.net | Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: pbbrauer@gmail.com
    Current Devices, ROMs:
    (Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-9.4.2.15 v1 ROM
    (Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3

Remember to "Thank" people that help you out! |Click here for general Questions?

Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Iphone 3G
    I get these all the time on startup too. I just wait until they go away or click wait. Personally I think it is because the processor is too slow and the ram too limited, so the OS sees things not starting up properly and throws these error messages, when they are in fact loading properly, just slower. I am sure there is a config file somewhere where one could change the timeout setting and these messages would no longer pop-up. Do I know how? Nope. Played with Linux for a long time, but never really got to guru level of understanding all the different .rc files. I usually just type my exact problem or error in Google.

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    I'm getting a lot of force closes as well. I tried the suggestion above and it did not help, but I don't have any custom ROMs installed (not sure if that matters). Any other suggestions?

Is there a way to delete google voice? I don't see it anywhere.

Thanks!

Sharon

500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    @Javanhare, I think you may be onto something here as I notice these FC's are now occurring on start up that did not happen before. These appear when doing a cold boot most often.
    So the more apps we install, the more services must be loaded and the time to process is not enough. Interesting observation.
    @mooneybeams, use a start up killer or app killer available in the market

Moderator Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color (Rooted)
    Thanks for the help! I will check out that ROM Manager app.

500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points Tagger Second Class

Member #
    Device
    Coby Kyros MID7015
    Force close errors seem to be due largely to memory allocation. When lots of apps are running I see it pop up constantly, especially during startup. I've also encountered it when several apps are accessing the nand memory all at once. For instance, when market is installing updates in the background and I'm using other storage intensive apps simultaneously.

Of course if you're fiddling with a terminal editor and remove or rename system apps it also occurs.

Sent from my MID7015

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    There is another major cause that is related to permissions issues. You can fix this with ROM Manager which is available from the market. If you have it, look for the Fix Permissions function, which should resolve a lot of the FC issues.
    This worked for me, thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: