Cracked Screen on Kyros Mid 7127
Ok, to make a long sob-story short, I got a new Kyros Mid7127 for Christmas. Shortly after, while I was waiting for the folio case I ordered to arrive, it fell out of my backpack onto tile. The upside is, the tablet is still fully functional, and the screen still responds over every part of the surface. The downside is, one corner of the glass looks like a spider-web, and I have several cracks running the width of the screen. As a temporary solution, I'm going to wipe down the glass and put a screen protector over it to hold everything in place (and protect my fingertips), but that's more of a band-aid than a cure, so I have a couple quick questions.
1. I rooted the tablet right out of the box (voiding the warranty), so do you think its even worth contacting Coby to inquire about their price for replacing the glass?
2. Do you guys know anywhere online I can go that would be a better option for getting the glass replaced?
3. Does anyone have a screen they would consider selling me for cheap, maybe from a bricked or for-parts tablet?
I appreciate your feedback, thanks guys!
02-28-2012 01:32 AM
Well,my Coby Kyros dropped in the kitchen last night.....I have a MID7016. No sound is coming out of the speakers. Well,I'm going to ship it to Coby and if they say "Screen Cracked!" I'll say "I didn't do it.....Did it do it in the shipping process?" And that will probably work! And what would work even better is that I get Mail Insurance when I ship it then I WILL GET A NEW TABLET,FREE! What good plan is better?!?!? Now,I do not know another option for the glass replaced. I do know how they WILL NOT know you rooted the tablet.
STEPS FOR COBY WILL NOT KNOW YOU ROOTED THE TABLET (UN-VOIDING THE WARRANTY) (Will also un-root the tablet!) (Deletes EVERYTHING on tablet but Android OS and system apps)
1. Go to Settings.
2. Go to Privacy in Settings.
3. Press Reset. (Something like Reset will show up)
THERE YOU GO!!!!
Hope this helps,
I appreciate the advice, but I'm looking for something a little more...above board?
I'm sorry,I don't know anything else,I've been trying to find another screen. I have a question,Does your touchscreen respond? Mine doesn't. My digitzer got cracked,but I think the lcd is just fine.
Originally Posted by KeeperOfTheH