Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Thanks Tree4Thanks

Thread: ***MID8048-4 personal developements

Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Coby Kryos MID8048-4

***MID8048-4 personal developements

So it has been a few days since I rooted this tab offered a dump and found the source release for the tcc892x chipset. And although the dump was never re-authenitcated I felt as if it was time to personally dive in.
    I have since synced the cm9 repo and started an unofficial build for mid8048, if I manage to create a otapackage that will be plenty broken, I will start a github repository for my local device tree that will be available for those that would like to help. I currently skipped compiling cwm as I felt it was unnecessary since we do have a dump and it will be built into the update.zip.
    Anyway this is just my way of creating an unofficial thread for what Ill be doing with this device.

*UPDATE*
    For my build of recovery see post #9
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by DaSnOoTeRKiNG; 12-06-2012 at 12:15 PM.
    vampirefo. thanked this.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Developer
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Coby 7065, Coby 8042, Coby 9740, Lenovo A2109
    Sounds good, you uploaded a new dump? Post link I will look at it.

LOL sometimes I forget this is a public forum.

anyway below is kernel source you might need for you project.

https://www.telechips.com/technical_...ource_list.asp
    Last edited by vampirefo.; 12-02-2012 at 12:10 PM.
    If you like my work buy me a coffee!!!

Donations Appreciated

Due to the overwhelming PM's that I receive, I am unable to answer all the questions and many questions are duplicates so PLEASE post all questions on this forum so I may better help you and any others who are having the same issues.

No PM's regarding windows questions will be answered, I am a Linux Guy.

Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Coby Kryos MID8048-4
    haha I was going to say no bueno... but then again people are ignorant sometimes, and if they **** their **** up they want you to take responsibility... Needless to say that if you are alternating your device in anyway you should atleast research it first, especially terms which seem foreign. So this means anything I should RELEASE is USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!! MILEAGE MAY VARY!!!!
    I wont be responsible for bootloops, bricks, devices that catch fire or the world imploding....

Developer
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSnOoTeRKiNG View Post
    haha I was going to say no bueno... but then again people are ignorant sometimes, and if they **** their **** up they want you to take responsibility... Needless to say that if you are alternating your device in anyway you should atleast research it first, especially terms which seem foreign. So this means anything I should RELEASE is USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!! MILEAGE MAY VARY!!!!
    I wont be responsible for bootloops, bricks, devices that catch fire or the world imploding....
    No es bueno, lol have a good one.

Donations Appreciated

Due to the overwhelming PM's that I receive, I am unable to answer all the questions and many questions are duplicates so PLEASE post all questions on this forum so I may better help you and any others who are having the same issues.

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    Coby Kryos MID8048-4
    Well after many hair pulling hours divided between make errors and kernel debugging i finally produced a kernel img for the deprecated prebuilt . I also after having repo issues rm -rf my cm9 build and went with AOSP. Either way i have to go AFK or my wife will kill me. later

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    Coby Kryos MID8048-4
    Ok now the time has come where i need some help anyone care to look at this with me
    [C++] Install system fs image: out/target/product/mid8048/system.img out/target/produ - Pastebin.com

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    Coby Kryos MID8048-4
    Well I decided to go at it again but from scratch so i started over and produced a flashable cwm 6 version to my phone.....YAAAAAAAAY
    dont get to excited... the vol+ and vol- buttons work but not power . Thank odn for a reset button I was freaking I couldnt turn it off since there is no battery! Gonna give a go at TWRP.

Developer
    Achievements:

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSnOoTeRKiNG View Post
    Well I decided to go at it again but from scratch so i started over and produced a flashable cwm 6 version to my phone.....YAAAAAAAAY
    dont get to excited... the vol+ and vol- buttons work but not power . Thank odn for a reset button I was freaking I couldnt turn it off since there is no battery! Gonna give a go at TWRP.
    LOL, next time remember adb.

adb shell reboot

TWRP. is another good recovery, I use it on my HTC EVO 3D.

I use CWM recovery on my tablets though, just looks and feel better.

Donations Appreciated

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    Coby Kryos MID8048-4
    HAHA I was looking at my boardconfig.mk and I had commented out BOARD_HAS_NO_SELECT_BUTTON. So after I changed that was able to build a working CWM-based recovery v6.0.1.2!!!

*DISCLAIMER*
    I NOR ANDROIDTABLETS.NET WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR BRICKS, BOOTLOOPS, DEVICES CATCHING ON FIRE NOR THE IMPENDING WORLD END. HACK RESPONSIBLY! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND AS ALWAYS YOUR MILELAGE MAY VARY!

*THINGS TO NOTE*
    1. The recovery backsup to an EXTERNAL SD CARD so you must have one with atleast 800mb free.
    2. For whatever reason the cwm isnt permanent, which I kind of like, the update.zip must be applied EVERYTIME you want to BOOT CWM!
    *easiest way is to apply update.zip to internal sdcard; goto system settings>about tablet>update through internal storage. Once IN stock recovery goto apply update from /nand and choose update.zip. *VIOLA*

3. Navigation= vol+ vol- Select= power.
    4. PROFIT!!!!

So anyways here it is
    http://goo.gl/rKktL enjoy!

Last edited by DaSnOoTeRKiNG; 12-06-2012 at 12:23 PM.
    somone and loneguy thanked this.

Member Achievements:
    10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 3 months registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    coby 1042, Kindle Fire
    Oh sweet. I have been looking for source code for a long time now. I was looking in wrong place. Cant wait till telchips releases jellybean.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads: