Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree25Thanks

Thread: Coby 8048 Recovery, Custom ROM

Junior Member Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    coby 8048-4
    Let me start by saying I bought 3 coby what I thought were 8042's and was trying tirelessly to get one of them rooted and gapps installed. After much fiddling with windows drivers adb files and such I realized I was delivered 3 coby 8048-4. I found vampirefo's root gapps update from the other thread and installed it on one tablet. I was amazed how easy that was using the stock update method. I now had three tablets rooted and gapps installed. but now I discovered that too many of the apps I wanted are reported as not compatable with my device.. I found this thread and tried the root gapps signed file that has compatability fix in it and used the stock update method again to install this file. upon reboot I got launcher stopped responding errors as well as other apps. A bunch of windows popped up with a ok button. i tried clicking through them all but nada. tablet froze. I was able to boot to recovery and install the recovery file you provided also in the OP of this thread on the frozen tablet and on one of the other tablet to get a recovery backup from a working tablet. Yeah I know I should have dont this first. well i used recovery to load the back up file from the other tablet and now all three are back to where I started rooted and gapps but with limited app compatability.

So I guess my question is should the new root gapps signed file worked to fix the app compatability issues? was the failed update a fluke or is it a problem trying to use this file on top of the original root gapps update? How can I fix the gapps compatabilty issue? I looked at travelers sig files but am a bit confused how to get them into my tablet.

OH also great work BTW and donations will be coming your way after the holidays got 3 kids and things a bit tight right now. LOL

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Developer
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 985
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Leagoo Lead 1 ZTE OPEN C, Coby 7065, Coby 8042, Coby 9740
    Quote Originally Posted by betadata View Post
    Let me start by saying I bought 3 coby what I thought were 8042's and was trying tirelessly to get one of them rooted and gapps installed. After much fiddling with windows drivers adb files and such I realized I was delivered 3 coby 8048-4. I found vampirefo's root gapps update from the other thread and installed it on one tablet. I was amazed how easy that was using the stock update method. I now had three tablets rooted and gapps installed. but now I discovered that too many of the apps I wanted are reported as not compatable with my device.. I found this thread and tried the root gapps signed file that has compatability fix in it and used the stock update method again to install this file. upon reboot I got launcher stopped responding errors as well as other apps. A bunch of windows popped up with a ok button. i tried clicking through them all but nada. tablet froze. I was able to boot to recovery and install the recovery file you provided also in the OP of this thread on the frozen tablet and on one of the other tablet to get a recovery backup from a working tablet. Yeah I know I should have dont this first. well i used recovery to load the back up file from the other tablet and now all three are back to where I started rooted and gapps but with limited app compatability.

So I guess my question is should the new root gapps signed file worked to fix the app compatability issues? was the failed update a fluke or is it a problem trying to use this file on top of the original root gapps update? How can I fix the gapps compatabilty issue? I looked at travelers sig files but am a bit confused how to get them into my tablet.

OH also great work BTW and donations will be coming your way after the holidays got 3 kids and things a bit tight right now. LOL
    I am uploading another version this one will be for 8048 only. should fix any problems that you are having, will be posted on first post.

Should be uploaded now.
    Last edited by vampirefo.; 12-21-2012 at 09:06 AM.
    If you like my work buy me a coffee!!!

Donations Appreciated

Due to the overwhelming PM's that I receive, I am unable to answer all the questions and many questions are duplicates so PLEASE post all questions on this forum so I may better help you and any others who are having the same issues.

No PM's regarding windows questions will be answered, I am a Linux Guy.

Member #
    Device
    coby 8048-4
    Quote Originally Posted by vampirefo. View Post
    I am uploading another version this one will be for 8048 only. should fix any problems that you are having, will be posted on first post.

Should be uploaded now.

Sorry to say still the same result. sorry launcher has stopped as well as a bunch of other things. I did download again the root gapps signed.zip file installed it through recovery.

Developer
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Quote Originally Posted by betadata View Post
    Sorry to say still the same result. sorry launcher has stopped as well as a bunch of other things. I did download again the root gapps signed.zip file installed it through recovery.
    I am not seeing any problems use the method in this thread to root and install gapps instead of one from Root and Gapps for Telechips, 7032,7034,7036,7048,8048.

Donations Appreciated

Due to the overwhelming PM's that I receive, I am unable to answer all the questions and many questions are duplicates so PLEASE post all questions on this forum so I may better help you and any others who are having the same issues.

Member #
    Device
    coby 8048-4
    Quote Originally Posted by vampirefo. View Post
    I am not seeing any problems use the method in this thread to root and install gapps instead of one from Root and Gapps for Telechips, 7032,7034,7036,7048,8048.

Thats the one I used first and it worked flawlessly. I rooted and gapps was installed but many of the apps were being reported as not compatable for my device. I then came to this thread and seen compatabilty fix already installed in the file So i installed the file from this thead and am getting th errors. Maybe I am not clear in what I have done or am missunderstanding you sorry

could it be that the file in this thread cannot be installed once the file from the other thread is installed.?
    Last edited by betadata; 12-21-2012 at 07:10 PM.

Developer
    Achievements:

Member #
    Level
    Device
    I am asking you not to install from other thread, only install from this thread.

Donations Appreciated

Member #
    Device
    coby 8048-4
    I am installing the file from this thread onto a tablet with the file from the other thread already installed and getting the errors. Do i need to install the file from this thread only onto a stock tablet? Or should it be working even after the file from the other thread is installed?

Developer
    Achievements:

Member #
    Level
    Device
    On stock, and see what happens.

Donations Appreciated

Member #
    Device
    coby 8048-4
    ok I was afraid you were gonna say that I dont have a stock recovery

Developer
    Achievements:

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Don't need stock recovery.

Donations Appreciated

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads: