Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points 31 days registered 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    coby kyros mid 9742

server error and unfortunately google has stopped working

any idea how to fix server error or the unfortunately google has stopped working i have tried to use the tweaks thats on traveller1701 signiture i manage to get google woking for a short while but aa soon as i try to download or update anything it stops working then i get server error when i try to restart it, i have tried clearing cache and force stopping google play and google framework and clearing account.
    its getting a bit frustrating now as i have been trying to sort this for ages any ideas or help would be great

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Arm of Law

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Coby Kyros MID9742, Dell Streak 5
    Refresh my memory. Did you do a factory reset from CWM? If you didn't, I would. That will reset absolutely everything.
    "Most people bake cookies. I bake motherboards."

I do not accept PMs asking for one-on-one tech support. Ask on the forums so everyone can benefit.
    Play Store Tweaks For Stock Coby 9742 ROMs | Rooting Instructions For Coby Generation 3 Devices

Member Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points 31 days registered 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    coby kyros mid 9742
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveller1701 View Post
    Refresh my memory. Did you do a factory reset from CWM? If you didn't, I would. That will reset absolutely everything.
    i have done a full reset then restore, restart, then a full reset installed the gapps package, restart,then istalled google play then installed your tweaks, restart and google play still keeps failing

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Arm of Law

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Ok...just went to goo.im and went to the download page for 20120429. It has a mention on it to do the following:

Revert GoogleBackupTransport.apk to 20120317 version.*
    --From wiki.rootzwiki.com/Google_Apps
    I'm taking a look at something in mine. I suspect that for my personal copy of the Google apps zip file I did this replacement already but simply do not remember doing so. I'm downloading a fresh copy of the 20120429 Google apps package and the 20120317 apps package to see if the file size changed. But, you can do something for me: download the 20120317 package, unzip the package, copy the apk to /system/app and make sure the permissions are set. See if that fixes your issue.

EDIT: Checked my tablet. GoogleBackupTransport.apk has a version number of 4.0.4-255454, while the other apks in the Google apps package have version 4.0.4-299849. This means I must have replaced the file in my zip, since I know I had no difficulty with the Play Store after installing the package. That also means if you replace the file as mentioned on the download page, you should be able to successfully run the apps without crashing.

I apologize for not remembering this, but I have a lot going on here, which makes it difficult to keep my head straight. I knew I was missing something important however.

EDIT 2: Check your PMs.
    Last edited by Traveller1701; 10-29-2012 at 09:01 PM.

I do not accept PMs asking for one-on-one tech support. Ask on the forums so everyone can benefit.
    Play Store Tweaks For Stock Coby 9742 ROMs | Rooting Instructions For Coby Generation 3 Devices

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    coby kyros mid 9742
    Hi. Thank you I will try what you have said.
    I can appreciate that the real world has a tendency to be complicated so no worries I just hope that my inexperience with all the tablet stuff isn't annoying as I do value your help.

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Arm of Law

Member #
    Level
    Device
    You're fine. Just let me know if my suspicions regarding that file are correct.

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    coby kyros mid 9742
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveller1701 View Post
    You're fine. Just let me know if my suspicions regarding that file are correct.
    i have tried replacing the GoogleBackupTransport.apk but no good then i applied the tweaks googleplay but wont finish booting just gets to the android logo which is also upside down which flashes as it does.
    so i tried the file that you gave me the link too and google play wouldnt start, just flashes on briefly, tried the tweaks and still no luck

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Arm of Law

Member #
    Level
    Device
    You have a nandroid backup of the ROM before trying to add Google Play, correct? I know you have a system dump, but having a nandroid is far easier.

Restore back to stock, then apply the file that I gave you the link to. DO NOT attempt to install the tweaks yet. Let the Coby boot, enter in your information and try using Google Play.

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    coby kyros mid 9742
    i have done a reset then restore then reset,then your file then the google play app. i get to the point of downloading something and i get "unfortunately google play has stopped" so i clear recent apps and clear google framework and google play data and stop them and try again but get server error so i do the resets again and then restart the tablet and get server error

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Arm of Law

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Not that I think it would make much difference, but I installed my tweaks after I installed the Play Store. I had to give it a chance to update itself and allow me to enter information before I could change the build.prop and add the XML files.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: