Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree2Thanks

Thread: Getting error when installing some apk's from other markets (unable to parse package)

Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 100 Experience Points

Member #

Getting error when installing some apk's from other markets (unable to parse package)

I have the Kyros rooted and have several alternative markets installed on it. I tried to install Android market by following the steps in this forum but it did not work, and I have not had time to retry it.

I use Applanet a lot because it is the closet market out there to the actual market. On their top apps today they actually have Market apk. When I try to install it I get the following error;

"Unable to parse package"

It does not just happen on this particular app, but from other apps from different markets too. I do not see any info on this here, unless I missed it. How do you overcome this? Is there a fix, or an adjustment?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    I had that problem using my phone to download from the market and then using astro file manager to back up. Then I would try to side load the apps and I would get that error. I rooted and installed the Google experience and haven't had the problem since

Sent from my SPH-M900

500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 100 Experience Points

Member #
    So I see what The Google Experience is, but where did you download it to run on your phone? Was it an option that was just not enabled on your phone, or did you side load it and then install? Any help here is great!

Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    This the method that I used...just make sure before flashing the clockwork mod recovery type this
    mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install- recovery.sh.bak or else the clockwork recovery will only work once

ALTERNATE (NEWBIE-FRIENDLY) GUIDE FOR ROOTING AND GOOGLE MARKET INSTALL ON WINDOWS - NO SPECIAL DRIVERS OR ADB COMMANDS NEEDED

Member #
    Most EXCELLENT @JETTA02AWP, that was an easy little update and it all worked. Had an issue getting in the recovery image at 1st, but scrolled down the screen on the page and found alternative way to get in, thanks!!

Member Achievements:

Member #
    No problem! The real market is definitely the way to go

Sent from my SPH-M900

Member #
    I did not really care much about the market, I wanted gmail, and a few other google apps that I use regularly. I still like Applanet when it is up
    sndplace thanked this.

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Coby Kyros MID7015
    THANKS!, I followed all the rooting steps to the letter...all went successful!!!!
    "Soon I will leave this planet."

Senior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Epic4g-Coby MID7015
    @lowesmobile Thanks for the info about Applanet. got apps that the Market cant get for the coby. Fios remote. sd card tester ect... thanks for this info

7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    MID Tablet PC, Model No. WonderMedia WM8650, Kernal Version. 2.6.32.9-default
    Quote Originally Posted by jetta02awp View Post
    This the method that I used...just make sure before flashing the clockwork mod recovery type this
    mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install- recovery.sh.bak or else the clockwork recovery will only work once

ALTERNATE (NEWBIE-FRIENDLY) GUIDE FOR ROOTING AND GOOGLE MARKET INSTALL ON WINDOWS - NO SPECIAL DRIVERS OR ADB COMMANDS NEEDED
    Dear I am new to the tablet, my model is WonderMedia WM8650, Android Version 2.2, Kernel Version 2.6.32.9-default... Please Please Pleaseeee guide me to solve my problems ... I can't access the market of android, then I installed Applanet, again getting "Unable to parse package" error....!! I don't know anything about Rooting or whatever needs to dealt with, and also there is no access to Gmail as well. What should I do? Please can you help me???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: