Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree1Thanks

Thread: Online Android Market - market.android.com

Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #

Online Android Market - market.android.com

Google launched an online market today. You can visit it at: market.android.com. Delivery is wireless. I have tried downloading apps from my computer and my Kyros. A lot of apps say that my device is not compatible. The one that are, say they will be delivered soon. I am guessing that since my device is not rooted and does not have the market on it, I will not receive the downloads. Anyone working on a work around? Preferably without rooting.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    G-Tablet
    Is it just me, or did Google go out and hire some designers? This new market looks amazing and very un-google-like!

I'd imagine that you won't be able to get the apps on your Kyros without rooting it though ...

Senior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Epic4g-Coby MID7015
    Quote Originally Posted by hardcorehavok View Post
    Google launched an online market today. You can visit it at: market.android.com. Delivery is wireless. I have tried downloading apps from my computer and my Kyros. A lot of apps say that my device is not compatible. The one that are, say they will be delivered soon. I am guessing that since my device is not rooted and does not have the market on it, I will not receive the downloads. Anyone working on a work around? Preferably without rooting.
    I don't think your going to get them... I f you look under where it says my account it shows settings on the first page there. I go there it shows every phone linked to your email. So since i had my tablet rooted it shows my Coby and Epic on my account... If it doesn't show it there then theres no way for your tablet to receive the apps...

Member #
    I've been locked out from the Android market. Keep getting something about a mismatch certificate. This signup is a big headache

1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Epic4g-Coby MID7015
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollydroid View Post
    I've been locked out from the Android market. Keep getting something about a mismatch certificate. This signup is a big headache
    When did this happen? I changed the settings from phone to tablet and downloaded 2 apps. first i thought it wasn't working but when i checked my tablet from the market it was loading them. they were pretty big files 14mbs so it took time but they both went through and worked.
    App #1 Talking tom #2 talking roby... I was able to record,playback and interacted with them.

Was just on the market and came across samething with a app. I was able to download to my phone but not the tablet. But I also tried to download a app that wasn't compatible with any device. I then just tried Astral Commander Lite and this app was combatible for both my phone and tablet. So i think the app you were trying to download just doesn't work with the tablet. You can try the market from your tablet to see if the app will show up but if not then the tablet can't handle the app.
    Last edited by sndplace; 02-04-2011 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Tested the market.com

Member #
    hi sndplace, this was friday when i tried just to sign in. Haven't tried yet. It's got to be a google account problem, that i don't understand. My name came up, the market page came up. scrolled down and choose an app, tried the download. Then it locked me out, after that i couldn't even get the page back. Typed in my password THEN it sent a message about mismatch. Oh, thx for trying an answer for this. p.s. I can't make ph calls on my kyros that I know of.

Member #
    Device
    Epic4g-Coby MID7015
    No problem... The tablet can't make calls. There is away to text from it, But I haven't tried that yet. Do you have a Android phone? If so, has it affected that account?

Member #
    Device
    Samsung Galaxy Tab
    There is a work around to making calls on the tab. See the samsung galaxy tab forum for instructions. I just did it to my tab yday.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tablet

Member #
    No I don't have an android phone. If phone accounts are all google will deal with, then I guess i'll try applewhite29's idea. Tried again yesterday, got to the android market tried to download and spent the rest of the time searching on help (found nothing there for kyros coby's.0 So, i'll spend time searching this answer on google help. THE APPLIB works fine so far but hate to be limited to just that. You'd think google would help us android users out more, afterall we do use the internet.

Member #
    Device
    Epic4g-Coby MID7015
    Quote Originally Posted by applewhite29 View Post
    There is a work around to making calls on the tab. See the samsung galaxy tab forum for instructions. I just did it to my tab yday.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tablet
    Your saying we can make calls fron the coby tablet? I don't see how that would be possible. Please post a link to that thread thanks.

[QUOTE Pollydroid:No I don't have an android phone. If phone accounts are all google will deal with, then I guess i'll try applewhite29's idea. Tried again yesterday, got to the android market tried to download and spent the rest of the time searching on help (found nothing there for kyros coby's.0 So, i'll spend time searching this answer on google help. THE APPLIB works fine so far but hate to be limited to just that. You'd think google would help us android users out more, afterall we do use the internet.

Have you tried going to your gmail account thru Google.com see if you can atleast check your mail. Also , you are rooted correct? The market doesn't come on your tablet you have to root first then install the market to your tablet and then you can gain access to the apps that way.

Check out the sticky's on how to root if your not yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: