Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Thanks Tree1Thanks

Thread: Squareup App Compatibility

Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Coby Kyros MID7015
    I got the MID7015 with the hopes of using the Paynet app. for processing credit cards.
    I tried the Paynet app from Appslib - It wouldn't install.
    I contacted Paynet, they said "They have checked with the owner of the company who also checked with the developer. Though we are listed on Appslib, the version is not compatible. Access to the Android market is imperative with our service."

The square thing is really cool.

I think the best I'll be able to do is using the Intuit web app for CC processing.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points Tagger Second Class

Member #
    Device
    Coby Kyros MID7015
    Alan why not try installing the market? Or did they just say it wont work with the kyros period?

Sent from my MID7015

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Coby Kyros MID7015
    I got all of the files and instructions to set up the market, I just have to do it.
    It just kind of irks me off that I have to jump through hoops to get it to work and all they would have to do is upload the compatible version to the Appslib.
    Based on that kind of customer service I probably wouldn't use them anyway.

Now, back to the Square question...

It would be nice to be able to use the swipe thingy, its faster and costs less than keying in the CC info.
    Last edited by AlanF; 02-17-2011 at 05:30 AM.

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Pandigital Black 7
    The key with Square is the headphone jack has to support a microphone. The app uses all the connectors that typical android and iphone hands-free headsets use.
    The Kyros does NOT have all the connectors. It only supports stereo headphones.
    Which begs the question:
    Does anyone know of a tablet that DOES support iphone/android hands-free microphone/headphones? I will NOT be buying an ipad for my cafe but I would love an android tablet. I just got a pandigital black 7 however android 1.5 doesn't support square so I can't even test it.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    MID7015
    The one major problem I see using the Kyros as a CC reader is the very weak wi-fi. Getting a signal at any distance is marginal, at best, with the 7015. If you are using it at a customers house would they give you there password to their router? I know I wouldn't.

If you are spending the money for a Mifi to get the 7015 to work wireless, then using a smartphone would be cheaper. JMO

Senior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Epic4g-Coby MID7015
    Quote Originally Posted by BKenney View Post
    Alan why not try installing the market? Or did they just say it wont work with the kyros period?

Sent from my MID7015
    From what i have checked. The app doesn't come up when you search for it just the calculator app comes up... If you can find the APK for this app then install thru your file manager, then maybe theres away to install it into the tablet....

7 days registered Tagger Second Class

Member #
    Device
    superpad 3

Learning Square compatibility has not been fun...

Ive bought a Pandigital device with android then the Kyros tablet android based. Neither worked, rooted or not because GPS is required on the device.

I use Square daily for our Massage Therapy Center and have processed over $70,000 worth this last year with them. We LOVE SQUARE!

But I wanted my clients to sign on a LARGER device than the small phone we use. So the latest purchase was a "FlyTouch 5" or SuperPad III as its also called. Its a nice 10" device with GPS. I just knew this would work as it is android 2.3.

Unfortunately, the earphone piece does not recognize the dongle/swiper for what I believe to be that it is a stereo only headset jack.

So now that I have spent enough $ to have bought a IPAD from the start, I have on the way the TOSHIBA THRIVE. Ill let ya know if this device finally achieves the end goal of using the Square Application properly.
    onokaya thanked this.

Member #
    Bought the Coby Kryos midi7012. Downloaded the android Market through "daprospecta" on Youtube and his "G tablet" link. Then the Square apk.

Got the square on the device but the dang dongle wouldnt work. tried connecting it through the usb via a headphone jack converter and still nothing. I might try a mic jack converter but yikes this is a crazy lot of work.

I can use it as a manual entry device but then I cannot accept cards from other country's as you need to enter a valid USA zip code. Also Sq will hold any manual entry's over $1000 in one week for 30 days(though they did waive that for me)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ads: