Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree1Thanks

Thread: Squareup App Compatibility

Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #

Question Squareup App Compatibility

Hey I was looking into getting the Coby 7015 and I was wondering if it works with the Squareup app from the android market? I would need to accept credit cards and use the card reader, is this possible with this tablet? Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Epic4g-Coby MID7015
    I've never used this before but I did install it and its a calc app right? It workes . All i did was enter and amount and it added the charges to the fees.

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Actually its for accepting credit cards. It comes with a card reader you can plug in as well. Goto squareup.com to see the reader and whatnot, I was wondering because I wanted to use it on the tablet to accept credit cards when I am on-site doing work at clients' houses.

1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Epic4g-Coby MID7015
    LOL i just saw this on the news today... i thought it was an app from the market... its the calc from them.. If you have WiFi i would guess it would work since they said it sends the infomation directly to the bank... I would be interested in something like this to for when i go to the fleamarkets ... It would be hard for someone to trust in paying this way but very cool product... I'll keep checking here to see if you get an answer....

500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points Tagger Second Class

Member #
    Device
    Coby Kyros MID7015
    I don't see why it wouldn't work provided the amount of power the card reader uses isn't much (which I would imagine it uses a lot). There are ways to install USB drivers for specific devices using a terminal emulator. But I'm almost certain the tablet wouldn't output enough power to run a credit card reader.

Member #
    Device
    Epic4g-Coby MID7015
    From What i saw it runs off the 3.5 jack... On the news after they pluged it into the jack they put in landscape mode and signed there name... I never used it so i dont know how this works... Ill be going to bed so i look it up more tomorrow...

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by sndplace View Post
    From What i saw it runs off the 3.5 jack... On the news after they pluged it into the jack they put in landscape mode and signed there name... I never used it so i dont know how this works... Ill be going to bed so i look it up more tomorrow...
    did you ever look into it more? can anyone see if it works by downloading it and running the application? I know you can key in the card number as well, I just want to know it works.

Member #
    Device
    Epic4g-Coby MID7015
    Ok i was looking into this service and its a good idea and something ill look into for this summer at the Flea-markets. But if you go to the Ansroid market online it tells you that its not compatible with this tablet. So if you have a phone it will work but not with the Coby according to the market. Sorry.

Member #
    What if you root your tablet and use the full app market?

Member #
    Anyone have any sort of reply? /bump

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: