Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Colby 7015
    Quote Originally Posted by Evoxten View Post
    I don't know if you have had any luck yet but,
    I have successfully tethered my 7015 and my android phone together and it works great. I rooted my phone and then rooted my tablet the following day. Once you have acheived rooting both then you need to install "wireless tether app" on the phone and search for "gscript.zip" containing the 5 files you need which includes the "wpa_supplicant.conf" file which allows the tablet to find the signal from the phone. I had to edit the "wpa_supplicant.conf" with notepad on my desktop to get it to work on the tablet, but after changing a few lines it works great. Hope this helps!!!
    I have the Coby 7015 also and I wanted to know if you could share your "wpa_supplicant.conf" file or post the lines you changed?

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    How I connected my Kyros to my Android phone for on-the-road Internet

When I purchased my Coby Kyros my original intent was to be satisfied with Internet access while at home or at our store, where I have direct access to our Wifi routers. My main use was to read PDF and Excel files while on the road at work.

I read up about rooting the Kyros so I could get the full Google Market. But I wasn't planning on trying to tether my Kyros to my cell phone. After I rooted my Kyros my confidence was up so I decided to read up about how to tether using my Droid Incredible. As it turns out it was pretty easy. Here's what I did:

1. Following instructions I found on droidforums.net I successfully rooted my Droid Incredible using the unrEVOked 3.32 utility.
    2. Using the Market I searched for and found a program called “Wireless Tether” and installed it on my Incredible phone.
    3. I started the app and then pressed the screen that said “Press to start tethering”
    4. I then started up my Kyros and went to “Settings|Wireless & Networks|Wi-Fi Settings” and then “Add Wi-Fi network”. The WAP from the phone was already on the list of available networks. I selected it and the Kyros connected.
    5. I began to surf the Internet

That was it. No modifying any files on the Kyros. No shortcuts. I didn't do anything on the Kyros accept to choose the new network connection that was now available on my phone.

I'm not sure how easy it will be for others who do not have a Droid Incredible with Froyo (2.2) but I am glad to report that the Kyros is tethered to the Droid using this one little program – Wireless Tether. Of course, you do need to “root” your phone since this app requires the superuser permission. If you have a phone that you don't want to root it may not be so easy.

Seaken

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Kyros MID7015
    This is what worked for me, much easier set up than ad hoc tweaks.
    http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...-mid7015a.html

1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    My Kyros 7015 now recognizes the ad hoc network from my D1. But I not able to connect to my D1 ad hoc network. I used stock, wifi buddy, and wifi manager- all apps state that they do not support ad hac networks. Any suggestions.

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    I have HTC Inspire rooted Android phone with CoreDroid 5.4 ROM on it. I create a wifi-hotspot with WPA2 and am able to connect my Coby to it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ads: