How to Prepare CMP738A for Factory Reset or Firmware Update
Make ready if you have Rooted the ROM or Stock ROM.
Rooted ROM Owners, Firmware Restoration
1. Download the Firmware 2.1 from Craig Electronics here
2. Read the how to do it doc here
3. Unzip the downloaded archive file.
4. Open the file and drag/drop the update.img to the root directory of your microSD card. One of the ways to achieve this is to mount the microSD card in the powered on tablet to the PC (best results). After the file is finished transferring, safely remove the attached disk drive, and unmount the drive from the PC.
5. With the microSD card into the device, and the device is fully powered on. Upon the tablet remount or insertion of the microSD card, with the update.img file fully transferred, you should now see a popup message saying Firmware 'Updating'
6. Select Install
7. Make sure AC power is going through it, and let the update run by itself.
My Panel was Flawed, but here is what the process looks like.
Stock ROM Owners, Factory Reset
1. Select Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Select Privacy
4. Select Factory Reset
5. Make sure AC power is going through it, and wait until the procedure finishes
If you decide to return it to CVS do the following..
Remove all scratches if any, clean your panel and insert the device back into the box.
Take it back to the store and tell them it's defective either you had a bad panel or battery won't keep it's charge.
Last edited by xaueious; 04-05-2011 at 01:25 AM.
PowerCode 1000 DCX
Coby Kyros 7012, 7015, 7015a, 7016, 7022, 7042, 7125, 7126, 7127, 8125, 8126, 8127, 9742, 1042, 1125, 1126 (Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean)
Skytex Skypad Alpha, Gemini (Ice Cream Sandwich)
Visual Land Connect, Prestige Ice Cream Sandwich)
45x Tablets Owned/Tested/Configured/Tweaked/GUI: Running OS: 1.6, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 3.0, 4.0, 4.1 | Since 2010
04-04-2011 06:05 PM
Would you trust the instructions, when the on-screen text says that the "current version is" (followed by no data)? Surely, such careless editing is not good.
Originally Posted by tipstir
I'm curious to know if this will help with my issue of clicking on the Facebook icon, getting a black screen, then " Sorry!! The application Facebook (process com.web.facebook) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again and then having to force close. I have 2 of these tablets. One works like a dream (CMP738b) and this one...which ends in "a" is a total night mare. If I do a factory reset, will it clear up the facebook issue? And any other issues that could be lurking in the shadows? Also, I have no idea what rooted is. I assumed I would do the factory reset and hope for the best. I've already been to the screen on my tablet...just looking to get some expert advice here!
Would this work for the B model as well?