Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Member #
    Device
    Craig Tablet

Unhappy getting apps for the craig tablet

I am having almost zero luck on downloading apps for this. For some reason Amazon and android market say I don't have a device so I can't download. I'm getting very frustrated. Also I want to be able to play solitare, but anything I have been able to install does not work properly, the cards won't drag and drop like they should. I thought the android system was going to be great, but all I'm having so far is problems. Maybe I need to have better instructions? The unit came with a very slim booklet. I do a lot with my PC, but this is stumping me. I thought maybe I could download apps to my pc then put them on the table, but that does seem to be possible either. Is this unit a dog or am I just not getting how to use it???

Mike

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Droid X
    The Craig models aren't very good. You'll quite probably need to hack the market onto it. However Craig models tend to have wifi fits after being messed with. They're not very friendly to being hacked.

Sent from my DROIDX running MIUI
    Last edited by dansamy; 12-29-2011 at 12:40 AM.

3 months registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Tagger Second Class

Member #
    Device
    Rooted Craig CMP738B with working Market
    So true. Right now the cmp738b only 40% are having good luck. But you can goto slideme.org on your tablet and download the slideme app market. Most apps work. But they are 3rd party apps. Another thing you can do is google - download apk file - apktop.com is a good site. Not all apps will work on the craig tablets even if its 3rd party or not. And if you want Netflix it wont work. Youll only be able to queue movies with it. Adobe flash doesnt work.

Junior Member Achievements:
    7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Craig 7 inch netbook
    i guess that's why they are so cheap in price

3 months registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Tagger Second Class

Member #
    Device
    Found the problems about the wifi errors. Craig is using 2 different Wifi hardware in the same model of tablet. RalinkTech and RealTek. I just hope there's not a 3rd out there.. lol
    Rooted Craig CMP738b with working Android Market.
    Working on HoneyComb for Craig CMP738b - still trying to port all the drivers needed and system setttings for the CMP738b.

Junior Member Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points 31 days registered 100 Experience Points 7 days registered

Member #
    Mike - you do NOT want to use Android Market because that is associated with Droid cell phones. If you have an android cell (as I do) and you purchase software it will download to your PHONE, when you want is to download to your tablet.

Here is a link to an Android Solitaire program -- not sure if you already saw it:
    http://code.google.com/p/solitaire-android/downloads/detail?name=AndroidSolitaire.apk

D
    ownload it to your PC first. Then, connect your Craig tablet to your PC (turn off USB first -- sounds odd, I know) and drag the software program to your tablet's "downloads" file.

Then, open the APKinstaller already on the table, click "install," open the "downloads" folder and select the solitaire program.

Now... I don't know if this card game works, but I know for a fact that this method of installing APK software works because I've done it with several things. In fact, I've even installed a dialer and turned the Craig into a really big -- but perfectly workable -- cell phone!

And all without rooting, destroying wifi, etc.

One last thing -- this tablet also has a program that allows you to kill programs. It will save a lot of battery power when you're actually using the tablet. Nice little utility.

Member #
    Device
    Quote Originally Posted by rex2011 View Post
    Mike - you do NOT want to use Android Market because that is associated with Droid cell phones. If you have an android cell (as I do) and you purchase software it will download to your PHONE, when you want is to download to your tablet.

Here is a link to an Android Solitaire program -- not sure if you already saw it:
    http://code.google.com/p/solitaire-android/downloads/detail?name=AndroidSolitaire.apk

D
    ownload it to your PC first. Then, connect your Craig tablet to your PC (turn off USB first -- sounds odd, I know) and drag the software program to your tablet's "downloads" file.

Then, open the APKinstaller already on the table, click "install," open the "downloads" folder and select the solitaire program.

Now... I don't know if this card game works, but I know for a fact that this method of installing APK software works because I've done it with several things. In fact, I've even installed a dialer and turned the Craig into a really big -- but perfectly workable -- cell phone!

And all without rooting, destroying wifi, etc.

One last thing -- this tablet also has a program that allows you to kill programs. It will save a lot of battery power when you're actually using the tablet. Nice little utility.
    Wifi problem FIXED!!!! Android Market works just fine and many others now. As long as you have gmail acct and install the right wifi hardware root file. You can also google download apk file or appname.apk but if you that you do that you might have to download afew of them to find one that will work. I have Android market on mine and i havent found one that didnt work.

The reason that netflix dont work is that flash 10+ doesnt run on 2.2.1.
    Last edited by m3red; 01-06-2012 at 04:22 PM.
    Rooted Craig CMP738b with working Android Market.
    Working on HoneyComb for Craig CMP738b - still trying to port all the drivers needed and system setttings for the CMP738b.

Ads: