12-23-2012 12:51 AM
I am having the same issues. PLEASE, CAN ANYONE HELP???
Please try the Factory Reset again, but do a data wipe AFTER... and expect it to take a while (not 24 hrs, of course) to 'catch up'...
You may need to have ematic fix it...
Ematic Customer Service response
Ematic Customer Service responded w/in 24-hours of my e-mail!
Originally Posted by leeb
Here's how you "Flash" the device (e-mail response below).
Customer Support (Customer Support)
Dec 28 01:56 pm (PST)
Here are some links so you can "flash" the tablet in order to reset it back to original settings.
This will also allow you to reset your password or pattern to unlock your tablet
Make sure to use the specific link that correlates to your model tablet
Please note that these specific models require a microSD card to flash (reinstall the OS): Just install the contents of the zip file onto an EMPTY microSD card. Then, turn your device off and insert the microSD card into your device. Then boot up normally to reflash your device. Please note that you will need to erase all data on the microSD card before you add this flash file.
*For the Eglide Pro only, you will need to press down the menu button while powering on to trigger to the reboot.
- Eglide 2
- Funtab XL 2
- Eglide Pro
Here are the downloadable flash files to re-install your Operating System using the included software. Keep in mind that you will need an external computer with USB ports to perform this task.
Here are the general instructions for flashing your device:
1. Turn off device
2. Plug usb to usb mini into computer
3. Hold the button with listing horizontal lines (egl101) esc button on device (eglide1). If you have an android 4.0 device (Prism, XL 2 Pro…) you need to hold the volume down(-) button and then push the power button to get your computer to recognize the device.
4. Plug mini usb into computer
5. Windows 7/vista - Open control panel. Go to device manager, find device with the exclamation update drivers , browse my computer find the download file and click on the folder labeled drivers or rockusb. Click win 7 and search the enclosing folder and it should find it automatically.
Windows Xp – control panel ,add new hardware, search your computer for for drivers manually, find the download file, click Drivers, click x86 then xp search it should find it automatically
6. open in the download file RKbatchtool, or , RKAndroidBatchUpgrade
7. click image on the upgrader, for this on the egl101 it will be the three dots on the top right add the image it is the update file,
8. click upgrade, or on the egl 101 it is the second option from the left.
9. Let it upgrade.
10. It will factory data reset, for the elide 1 it will turn pink, for the egl101 it will not show up green.
11. If this doesn’t work contact ematic for a walk through and or additional tech support.
Ematic Customer Service
Update - Boot Loop resolved!
1)Unzip the file then put the two folders on your microsd card
2) Turn off the device
3) Insert the miscrosd card on the slot
4) Press power and let it update
5) After update is complete remove thecard then power the device
That's all that is needed to do! After you power on the device, the boot process may take 1 to 2 minutes (be patient).
I hope this was helpful.
Thanks for updating with the solution.
Thanks for coming back with the solution, I'm sure others will find it very helpful.
|If it's important to you, you'll find a
way. If not, you'll find an excuse.
If you're too busy for friends,
You're too busy.
|Attention lurkers! Join the forum,
and enter Spider into the referrer
field of the application.The $0.00
USD fee will be waived.
|People will forget what you said.
People will forget what you did.
But, people will never forget
how you made them feel.
Excellent work and thanks for the link!
Does anyone happen to have the Software ROM for the EGLXP101P or will the above info work for me? I recieved this tablet used as a gift from a family member but upon turning it on I recieved a black screen with white text "ANDROID_". So I am assuming I need the software to be reinstalled. I have contacted support with no reply yet. But I fear they will close the case because I do not have the reciept as this was a hand me down gift. Thanks!
This doesnt work at all?.. also you repeat steps 2. and 4. , you say turn device off, plug usb to usb mini into computer you again repeat to say plug mini usb into computer.. what? i downloaded the file, unzipped it, placed it on my sd card, placed it in the tablet tried to update of it as directed and nothing, still stuck in an endless loop.