Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Gome Flytouch2 10.2"

How do I set up my 3g modem dial up settings

I have recently purchased a Superpad 10.2" Flytouch II and have a Huawei e1750 usb wireless modem. The issue I have is where do I set up the dial settings for it to connect to the internet?

I have gone to Settings/Wireless and network settings/3G setting/

There is no where for any APN settings and I can turn on and off the 3G network, however it continues to state the modem is disconnected.

The light is flashing on the modem to indicate a network, and I have read other posts and even disabled the CD rom and card reader on the modem, however this does not seem to work.

Is there a way I can set the modem to dial the internet or can some one recommend a network connection app.

I have searched the net, and as yet do not have an answer, thanks in advance Mark

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #

Angry help please!

[hi cud sum one please help b4 i throw this tablet out the window. bought it for my son for xmas im tryin to get it hooked up to the internet through my 3g connection everything iv tried isnt working. i phoned 3g they told me i have to buy a wi-fi modem for 70 i dont want to run out and buy it incase it wont work anyway. it says that my tablet is only compatable with certain huawei dongles my one wasnt on the list!
    please help.

1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Gome Flytouch2 10.2"
    at this stage i have purchased a 3g usb modem wireless router for $54-00 so i can use the modem until i get an answer

Super Moderator Achievements:
    10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Better question What don't I own, Oh a generic APAD
    The majority of tablets which do not have an integrated 3G SIM/MicroSIM (Huawei S7, Samsung) depend upon the firmware and hardware capability and compatability to use a 3G Modem. Many list 3G Modem capability but come up short when attempting. There are well known issues with units such as almost all sold on E-Bay stating 3G capable but come up short in reality. This is due to the specific compatibility with a limited number or even no compatibility with the available 3G Modems available.

The only consistent solution at this time is either using a 3G/4G 802.11x Access Point, ad-hoc WLAN connection or tethering to a phone using Bluetooth. Unless there is a known compatible 3G modem, you would be better considering a WiFi connection.
    gurgle Tech stooge of the Internet
    Tablets Currently in Possession -Partial List
    MS --Fujitsu Stylistic LT TabletPC-Win98 / HP4400-W7U / Samsung Q1U- XPPro/V-Ult/Archos 9
    Android -- WItS A81E/ Archos 5/500 Archos 7HT/Archos 101/16/Asus Transformer 10.1/32 / G1

Remember-If You do not open it, you do not Own it

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 2234jones View Post
    I have recently purchased a Superpad 10.2" Flytouch II and have a Huawei e1750 usb wireless modem. The issue I have is where do I set up the dial settings for it to connect to the internet?

There is no where for any APN settings and I can turn on and off the 3G network, however it continues to state the modem is disconnected.

The light is flashing on the modem to indicate a network, and I have read other posts and even disabled the CD rom and card reader on the modem, however this does not seem to work.

Is there a way I can set the modem to dial the internet or can some one recommend a network connection app.

I have searched the net, and as yet do not have an answer, thanks in advance Mark
    Hi,
    You need to install APN Manager app from market
    then you must configure one APN according to your provider's settings and set this as default APN (it's if the one)
    then it will work!!
    Bye
    GuiTTo

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    Looking @ Android Tablet Own Windows PC & Lappy
    Quote Originally Posted by 2234jones View Post

Mark, can't you contact yr ISP & see if they can do a work around for you? Just a thought. Good luck

Mark have you contacted yr ISP to see if they know of a work around, there are literally 1000's of these tabs on the market so ISP's will have to have some sort of knowledge surely?

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Hi,

what network are you on? If you are in UK, try this site, 3G Settings for UK Networks | Innovative Inception, they have some settings on there

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Flytouch 2

How I solved this problem

Hi Mark,

I've recently had the same problem with my 3 mobile broadband - after lots of Google asking and hair pulling I found the answer to my problem here - My Manual for HUAWEI 3g users Gome Flytouch 2/ Infortm X220/AL-10/

I'm not sure if your device is the same type as this but hopefully it will be able to give you some pointers.

Stephen

100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    epad flytouch II
    hola amigos!
    soy nuevo. tengo una flytouch 2 y huawei e 1750 que ya solo funciona como modem gracias al hyperterminal, pero al meterlo en la tbl no me lo reconoce.
    Que puedo hacer?

Member #
    Device
    APAD IMX515 8 Android Tablet
    Put the 3GSIM in an Andoid phone ,teeth it for which free software is available inxAdroid mrket ,your phone works as a WiFi HOTSPOT to connect easily to your tablet/apad.

Sent from my imx51_bbg using Android Tablet Forum

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: