Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree5Thanks

Thread: Bluetooth USB

Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Flytouch 2

USB Support "Trick" That's Working For Me.

I have a Flytouch 2 (10.2") with USB ports all over it (ok, just two).
    I plugged-in a USB Bluetooth dongle I had been fooling around with on my iMac.
    The Flytouch "recognized" my Apple Magic Mouse within seconds of turning the tablet and mouse on. This was fun and encouraging so I tried for days to get my Flytouch to "see" other devices through this BT dongle. Fail fail fail.
    Today it popped into my head to try something new.
    Step by step:
    - put the BT dongle in your desktop machine.
    - use the Bluetooth stuff on the desktop to pair your keyboard and mouse.
    - make sure all the paired devices are "connected".
    (note: this took some fiddling around, toggling the power for the internal Bluetooth radio on the iMac and what have you.)
    - put the dongle back into your MID pad.
    - fool around a little with the power switches on the mouse and keyboard.
    If this works for you as it does for me, you will have your Bluetooth keyboard and mouse talking to your Android tablet!
    There is no reason I can think of that this approach will not work on a Windows machine as well as on a Mac.

Why did I bother to tell the Interwebz about my Earth shattering "discovery"?
    I want my Earthmate to "talk" to the GPS enabled applications in Android and so far, all the Bluetooth GPS Toggles, Gadgets, and crap in the Android Market make the assumption that your Bluetooth radio is internal to your tablet/phone and none are "aware" of Bluetooth attached by USB. Why the heck didn't this Flytouch come with a BT radio installed?

Ikearat
    krex and jimrin thanked this.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Super Moderator Achievements:
    10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Better question What don't I own, Oh a generic APAD
    Quite simply to save money. The cost of putting on the BT Chip on the circuitboard, add BT support in the firmware all add up. These units, especially as inexpensive as yours is. (Sorry, comparing to units WITH BT) just cut corners and increase the profit. and there is not a lot of profit on the low end units. On the other side of the coin. You should see the profit for each IPad

Sorry

What you have done is completed the pairing in the Bluetooth circuitry. This is not much different than how these Wireless Mice or Keyboards work. They are pre-paired. This will not work in all instances though. No PAN or DUN capability. Just HID connectivity as the Keyboard and Mice drivers were already integrated with the USB port.
    Last edited by gurgle; 12-27-2010 at 06:59 PM.
    krex thanked this.
    gurgle Tech stooge of the Internet
    Tablets Currently in Possession -Partial List
    MS --Fujitsu Stylistic LT TabletPC-Win98 / HP4400-W7U / Samsung Q1U- XPPro/V-Ult/Archos 9
    Android -- WItS A81E/ Archos 5/500 Archos 7HT/Archos 101/16/Asus Transformer 10.1/32 / G1

Remember-If You do not open it, you do not Own it

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    T Mobile G1, GoMe Flytouch II

Bluetooth USB

Hi

I've got a FlyTouch II in the post which I can't wait to get! The one thing that would complete it is if I could add a bluetooth connection to it... I've noticed that there are a load of "micro" usb bluetooth adapters around on the bay. Has anybody had any luck (or even tried) to use one of these? The big selling point for a micro adapter on the flytouch is that it could be left in permanently but still leave a full size USB port avaliable!

Would be awesome to hear from anybody about this - even if they just tell me that I'm being silly!

Cheers!

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Android Tablet Forum App

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    T Mobile G1, GoMe Flytouch II
    Fair Enough
    Cheers anyway!

1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Flytouch 2

Please please please DO Not take this as an attack...

This Forum is really "slow". My post was sorta designed to encourage a dialogue about the USB ports on the Flytouch. By "closing" the thought-thread the way you did, there's really no reason to further discuss the USB support (or lack of) on these devices. The 'it's this way and that's the way of it' feeling I got from your reply was depressing... ok, not depressing but kinda defeated my momentum with messing on the subject. :) I hope other people like myself who are stuck in the bottom tier of Android tablet ownership can still move forward and perhaps some day we will have real USB ports, useful for other than sharing our stolen movies and pretending like we have real computers. :) Ikearat p.s. What do I have to do to get quote marks to look correct? Figured out the quote marks, now I need to figure out how to properly break a paragraph.
    Last edited by Ikearat; 01-23-2011 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Learned how to "fix" quote marks after an edit.
    krex thanked this.

Member Achievements:
    10,000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    PiPo M8Pro-3G, PiPo U1, SuperPad (Flytouch 2)
    I have a Motorola bluetooth dongle and plugged it into a USB port on my SuperPAD (Flytouch 2) and it powered up too. I don't anything to test it with, but was pleased to see it was recognized. I will test further.

Moderator Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points Tagger Second Class

Member #
    Device
    Gome Flytouch II Aka Wowpad
    Bluetooth does NOT work with this device. I've tried it with numerous transmitters. There simply aren't the drivers atm at this current time.

Sorry,
    Richardo
    Remember to "Thank" people that help you out!

How to update Wowpad/Haipad/Flytouch II etc to 1658 Firmware ( it is strongly suggested that you do update, the changes are worth it.)
    ** Just click here! **

For tips, tricks, and how to update your Wowpad, Haipad, Flytouch II etc please visit this thread

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Flytouch 3/Superpad 2
    I have a Flytouch3/Superpad2 and use a Rocketfish Bluetooth dongle for my wireless mouse, same vendor and it worked the first time with no updates. I also tried a SuperMax wired mouse from my old Laptop and that also works in the USB slot.
    Woody

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 272
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 25,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    HTC ONE, Droid Razr, Galaxy Tab3, LexiBOOK
    2.4G Ultra Mini Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad
    Somthing i would recomend to the bluetooth users.
    "No matter how much mud slinging and flaming that happens, competent devs shouldn't be banned. That's straight-up bs."
    --Device History--

• HTC ONE M8
    • OUYA
    • Galaxy Tab3
    • HTC ONE M7
    • Droid Razr
    • Xperia U
    • LG Ally

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Flytouch II/SuperPAD Droid Charge/Razr, Galaxy S4
    Some BT devices are "pre-paired" so that they will recognize each other on different platforms. This is what you are seeing on the bluetooth keyboard.
    Please refer to the Androidtablets.net rules and guidelines before posting
    Current Android devices:
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Motorola Droid Razr, Samsung Droid Charge, Samsung Galaxy tab 7

Please remember to press the "Thanks" button if you liked my post! | Questions?
    Be good or be good at it... That is all

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: