Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to root

Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #

How to root

Howdy... looking for any info on how to root the flytouch 2... I just ran into the Android lack of ad hoc wireless support issue and I'd like to modify the tablet to see ad hoc networks. Any advice on how to root the tablet so I can run barnacle or a different fix so the tablet can see ad hoc would be great thx.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Half my problem is solved...

Downloaded z4root by RyanZA from this link:
    You need to register a free account to direct download from this: xda-developers
    Or just this z4root 1.3 download from multiupload

Donate to the dev RyanZA here: Paypal Link

Installed it via App Installer (marketplace, free) ... ran it - granted root access, it installs busybox as well. Superuser access appears on main screen.

FYI Infotmic Flytouch2 w/ build 2.1.1170

Still need to figure out how to make Adhoc visible... anyone care to assist please?
    Last edited by xaueious; 01-24-2011 at 02:49 AM. Reason: added multiupload link and donate link for dev

Member #
    Device
    10" Infotmic

How to root?

Ok, so I am considering applying the update that is doing the rounds at the moment... but if it unroots a rooted device then I will kinda need to know how to reroot it to get back to its rooted goodness.

(I really did try to get a few more "roots" into that sentence, but I couldn't)

I am the (not quite so) proud owner of a Palm Pre phone which needs no rooting - if you know what you're doing you can get root access to the device without having to mess about. So the whole "rooting" process is quite new to me.

Any guidance?

Cheers.
    Grant.

Member #
    See my topic in the flytouch2 section

Member #
    Device
    ePad (WowPad)
    What is rooting ?? How is it useful to upate my flytouch 2 ??

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Administrator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78
    Peter B. - email: tardis@androidtablets.net | Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: pbbrauer@gmail.com
    Current Devices, ROMs:
    (Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-9.4.2.15 v1 ROM
    (Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3

Remember to "Thank" people that help you out! |Click here for general Questions?

Member #
    Device
    10" Infotmic
    Quote Originally Posted by black_valkyrie View Post
    See my topic in the flytouch2 section
    Would it be the same procedure for rooting a device that isn't a FlyTouch2?

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Gome Flytouch 2
    anyone able to help on this... z4root is no longer available in market - which is how another poster recommended we remove wow home

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Gome Flytouch 2
    ahh i saw valkyrie post here that might help - thanks
    http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...e-success.html

500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #

[TUT] How to root your flytouch 2

How to root your flytouch 2

Now many of you are wondering what dose this mean and why do i need to do it. Well when you root your device it allows you to edit the system files so you can go on to make your device even better then it is and you can preform little tweaks. This will also allow you to run titanium backup to back up all you apps before you update.

Step 1: Download z4root Download

Step 2: Once you have downloaded place the .apk file onto your memory stick or micro sd card.

Step 3: Now plug your sd card or memory stick into your flytouch 2 and open it with you file manager (wowfilemanager) now click the .apk file and install it.

Step 4: Go to you app list (start button) and click z4 root you will be promoted with 2 options tempory root and permanent root, just go ahead and click permanent root to save us doing this again.

Step 5: Restart your device and it is now rotted and you can run titanium backup and root explorer

Now below is a selection of apps you can download and install that allow you to use this feature.

Titanium Backup
    Back up all your apps and settings on your flytouch 2

Root Explorer
    Edit them system files you cannot access.

Boot Animation Changer
    Change the way your boot looks. (this only changes the animation after the wowpad green screen)

More coming soon
    Last edited by xaueious; 01-24-2011 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Root Explorer is a paid app. So is Boot Animation Changer. Links Removed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads: