EPAD Problem - Doesn´t boot ;(
So I bought an EPAD and it worked for about 2 weeks and now when I boot it it just stays on the first loading screen and nothing more happens.
I would like flash it again but I have no idea what software to use or what guide to follw because I do not know it the guide works on my tablet.
I added some pictures of it if it helps/is needed:
It is a 10" Tablet with Andriod 2.1
01-13-2011 05:11 AM
Can anybody help with this? It is an Informic Wowpad if that helps.
Just help in the right direction and I will try to do it myself.
Try some of the solutions in the unbrick thread
I searched for the thread and I find zero, you have a link?
Originally Posted by xaueious
mine just goes to the green screen that says powered by wowpad and nothing els i just got it today too im wild
Hi I have a W19 INFOTMIC epad from Wholesale Electronics - China Wholesale - Wholesale Dropship from China wisecorp.cn Android 2.1
Powered by WowPad...On boot I get Green Communication screen than it goes to the Earth Spinning and stays there. I can here the Vibrating thing about every minute and then the rotating earth recycles. Pressing the reset button on the bottom of the device does not reset to factory defaults.
Does anyone know why or how to fix? The factory is not answering my e-mails.
BTW, mine looks exactly like the Real 80 post above.
Believe it or not I just got mine working 2011-01-31. Maybe it will work for you too. Good Luck!
With the epad connected to power adapter and in the full off position.
Step 1) Press and Hold the Home Button plus the Power On/Off Button until you see a picture of Saturn Planet. (Release Both at the same time)
***Use the Volume Up/Down to move***
***Use Menu to Select***
I had 4 options....
-reboot system now ->this rebooted my epad but was still stuck in the booting loop state.
-apply sdcard:update.zip -> I don't have nor do I know where to get this from for my epad.
-wipe data/factory reset ->This is the one I choose. Next screen move to (Yes -- delete all user data.) (Press Home)
-wipe cache partition -> I stayed clear of this option.
Mine also has E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command: No such file or directory in Yellow (I just ignored it...as I have no idea what it means)
After doing a wipe data/factory reset my epad Booted just fine and was just like the 1st time it was turned on. Everything was gone (I didn't really care) my epad is working again and I had to fully set it up. Mine never had a license and it still doesn't...Does anyone know how to stop it from popping up? Or where I can get a license of my own?
I have no idea what broke it. I'm just glad its working again.
Now I would like to figure this thing out more. I would like to find away to back up my settings and applications in case I have to do a full system reset at a later date. BTW, the little button on the bottom didn't fix my issue. Only the process I decribed above. Please post if this fixes yours also.
I can't be held responsible for any problems. Please post if this this fixes yours also.
Last edited by bigg2011; 01-31-2011 at 09:33 PM.
Reason: Added the fact mine in an INFOTMIC
If you want to make a factory reset, then press HOME + the big black botton at the same time, when you turnone your tablet. Then relise them and press them again when the tablet counts down from 188.8.131.52.1
after doing what you said above my screen says no recovery image is found, try recover from SD..
Need help, I try your suggestion on pressing the power on and the Home key, How ever the display appear is only rebooting in 5s and no other line appear, after that it
just boot up to the green screen like communication and no further displa.
Can some one advsie on how to get the epad up and running again.
I have the green screen also,I just recvd this info from place I bought it from will try it tonight,here is what he sent me what to do.
1. Make sure the ePad is powered off.
Steps to Reinstall the OS System for 10.2” ePad:
2. Simultaneously press and hold RETURN + HOME + POWER three buttons
(The RETURN button is on the right middle front panel – a big button you won’t miss; the HOME button is on top right of the ePad; and the POWER button is on middle of top of ePad)
3. Hold all the three buttons you will see 5 seconds countdown. Another 5 seconds count down. When you see a Mars’ picture, release your fingers off these buttons.
4. Then you will see four steps on the screen:
a. Reboot System Now
b. Apply SD card: update zip
c. Wipe Data/Restore Factory Reset
d. Wipe Cache partition
You will do b, c, d, a sequence in following steps.
5. Use + and – buttons on top of ePad to move the highlight to b. Apply SD Card: update zip. Then press MENU (on top ePad) button to confirm.
6. Again use + or – to move the highlight to c. Wipe Data/Restore Factory Reset. You will see a lot of “No”s and on “Yes”s. Move the highlight to the “Yes” and press MENU to confirm.
7. Then use + or – to move the highlight to d. Write Cache partition, and press MENU to confirm.
8. Last, move the highlight to a. Reboot System Now. And press MENU to confirm. Now the ePad will reinstall the system. You may need to wait for 4-5 minutes.
9. After the step 8 the ePad will ask you to recalibrate the screen. You will need to touch the target sign on the screen to complete the calibrations.
10. Finally the ePad will pop up some information. You simply click WOWHome. You will see the front page of the screen.
11. Now the ePad should work properly.
hope this helps someone