help! i cant slide the unlock button
i just got the item.
i do get the log on screen and yes it says its 100% charged, it wont let me slide the unlock button or any of the buttons/icons on the "welcome page" when i do try to slide the unlock there is movement on the screen about 2" away [makes me think thats were the tablet is getting the info]. i hope its something i'm doing wrong as i cant wait to get playing with it.
01-27-2011 05:58 AM
Try going to settings/calibration & re-calibrate the screen see if that helps.
Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App
i cant get to settings, all i get is the welcome screen, nothing works when i
get there, so i cant registe/homer, unlock it or anything, it just loads and
then sits there, i cant even turn it off.
its sitting on standby i
assume, plugged in and thats all it does
Someplace In The User's Guide..
A person would hope to find instructions for starting the tablet in diagnostic mode... I was unable to find any such instructions, but I can suggest you hold the small button marked "Menu" and the round button on the front of the tablet, while holding these two buttons, press the power button to turn-on the tablet. It should start in a text-only mode and I think I recall seeing a calibration tool there.
Send it back while its under warranty
Do you still have the Problem?
I opened my pad this weekend and had the same problem, when I reassembled it.
Here is a photo of my pad, how it looks from inside:
When you connect the cable (1) with the port (2) your touchscreen will work again. It is a bit tricky to connect both, because the cable is so short. Maybe your pad was shaken to much during transport and the cable has loosen itself.
I found when it goes into sleep mode I have to press the off button at varying intervals from a quick press to several seconds, eventually it comes good.
help i cant slide unlock button
I have been having serious problems with this tablet! I got it recently and it has been a nightmare!!! I feel sorry for anyone who is frustrated by this locked screen which I may have found a way around
Originally Posted by Appychappy
1. attached external keyboard with usb cable
2. held down power button, menu button and pressed button on face of tablet repeatedly till power down option showed up. Press Esc
3. a number of "Sorry! application failure" pop ups came up which respond to touch screen to force close
4. Press F1 key on external keyboard gives access to "Settings" page
5. Select "privacy" for the Factory data reset,
6. Select "Erase everything" and allow
7. The tablet goes back to factory settings. DO NOT attempt to slide on the first appearance of the home screen!! This is soon followed by the cross-hairs (bullseye) to be touched on screen which will allow for recalibration.
8. It goes back to home screen with slider