Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Member #

Motorola Xoom or Blackberry Playbook?

Sorry if this has already been covered but I'm looking at getting a tablet but I don't know which one. The iPad is out of my price range and I have heard mixed reviews, I have been looking at the Motorola Xoom and the Blackberry Playbook.

I like the size of the playbook but I have an android phone so would the xoom be better to get? I guess they would sync well being both android.

Also heard of some email problems with the playbook if you dont have a blackberry phone, does this matter or has it been fixed by now?

I'm looking for one which can handle apps, games and have moderate word processing ability but also be at a reasonable price.

Can you help!?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 3 months registered 100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Acer A500
    The Xoom or any Android Tablet is a better option than a BlackBerry Playbook.

I believe there are still problems out of the box with email on the BB Playbook.

Sign in with your gmail account on an Android Tablet and your prior Android phone apps will be downloaded to your Tablet.

Android Marketplace has a ton more apps compared to BlackBerry.

Some people would say BB is a dying brand/business so why hitch on their their eco-system?

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Droid, Haipad 701, Rooted Nook Color
    Quote Originally Posted by aex View Post
    Sorry if this has already been covered but I'm looking at getting a tablet but I don't know which one. The iPad is out of my price range and I have heard mixed reviews, I have been looking at the Motorola Xoom and the Blackberry Playbook.

I like the size of the playbook but I have an android phone so would the xoom be better to get? I guess they would sync well being both android.

Also heard of some email problems with the playbook if you dont have a blackberry phone, does this matter or has it been fixed by now?

I'm looking for one which can handle apps, games and have moderate word processing ability but also be at a reasonable price.

Can you help!?
    Why not include the samsung galaxy tab 10.1 superior screen to either of the above

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    Support my latest project - ACROSS TOWN - a graphic novel styled animated drama about the tragic consequences of gang violence

dvdcatalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by aex View Post

Can you help!?
    I have both, and would go for the Xoom.

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote a review that looks back to my usage on the Playbook after a couple of months.

Blackberry Playbook Review | DVD Catalyst 4, the ultimate app for movies & tv on the go

Member #
    Device
    Toshiba Thrive
    I have a Toshiba Thrive and I am very pleased with it. I didn't know to much about tablets so I did lots of research on you tube, pc world, cnet, and read customer reviews on different tablets. My suggestion is not to get the playbook for it has many issues and it will nno longer be on the us market.

Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    coby kyros mid7022
    Bought the Playbook after having a Coby 7". Returned it after one day because bblaxkberry has only a small amount of aps available to it. Great hardware but no native calendar or email aps. Bought the xoom. Love it but it is heavy. If you like the size of the Playbook, I would look at the galaxy 7 plus. It had gotten good reviews and it is on sale at best buy. The galaxy 8.9 also looks intreiging. Google these tabs for reviews and have fun deciding. Good luck.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Tablet Forum

Junior Member Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Motorola Xoom Family Edition
    Motorola xoom. Blackberry is a crappy platform.

Sent from my Desire HD using Android Tablet Forum

Ads: