Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #

Front facing camera for Huawei S7 Tablet (Ideos)

I picked up on from Best Buy yesterday and I am very happy with it, it came with two camera (front and rear) but the front-facing camera seems not to be enabled. I tried several application including fring and it does not work.
    Any help here?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    I had the same issues. If you press settings while in the camera you will have the option between front and rear. Also the only app I've found that kind of works for video chatting is fringe. Only problem is Is it doesnt recognize the front camera.

Administrator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78

Fring Support

I have opened a support ticket with Fring (FIN-110323) to see if we can get one of their engineers involved and get this working. I will let you all know of any progress.

Cheers,
    Peter
    Peter B. - email: tardis@androidtablets.net | Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: pbbrauer@gmail.com
    Current Devices, ROMs:
    (Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-9.4.2.15 v1 ROM
    (Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3

Remember to "Thank" people that help you out! |Click here for general Questions?

Senior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #

Junior Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    Huawei S7-105
    Also, may sound stupit but don't forget to take the 'shipping' plastic off the rear camera lens! took the plastic off the rear battery cover but didn't notice the small peice over the camera lens. took 'ok' photos till I noticed the plastic on it. MUCH better photos now!!

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Huawei7 View Post
    Also, may sound stupit but don't forget to take the 'shipping' plastic off the rear camera lens! took the plastic off the rear battery cover but didn't notice the small peice over the camera lens. took 'ok' photos till I noticed the plastic on it. MUCH better photos now!!
    i don't seem to see a plastic over the camera lens, though it feels like there is.. how small is the plastic? i mean does the size just fits the camera lens..?

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Tagger Second Class

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ainyul View Post
    anyone try qik?
    I'm at work and my S7 is home so I can't tell for sure, but I think I tried it but couldn't get it to work 100%. I think I remember that in the video folder there are a couple of videos I took that are named qik...someting so I was able to film myself but I don't think I managed to do a video call.
    I will try again tonight, and I have also received the .apk for Tango which I will try out.
    Fringe works for me but with a few issues - read my post here.

Senior Member Achievements:

Member #
    ^will do, thanks!

Administrator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78
    it is accessible if you remove the battery cover first. Did you try this?
    Peter B. - email: tardis@androidtablets.net | Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: pbbrauer@gmail.com
    Current Devices, ROMs:
    (Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-9.4.2.15 v1 ROM
    (Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3

Remember to "Thank" people that help you out! |Click here for general Questions?

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered

Member #
    Level
    what is fring>?

my wife has a GT78 and its part of one of their updates that is un removable.

j

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads: