Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    Huawei A7

Can't download from Market

I want to use the tablet WiFi only. When I go to Market and attempt to download it says the download is starting but it never downloads. I am running at home and don't have any special firewall setup on the wireless access point. I read somewhere that I may have to do a hard reset on the tablet, but I don't know how to do a hard reset on this device.

Any assistance would be welcome.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    I simply turn the unit off and back on again when a download hangs and it continues the download when I go back into the market.

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    Huawei A7

No Market Downloads

Are you running strictly on WiFi, or do you have your phone enabled? I am strictly WiFi, and stopping/starting the tablet does not appear to do anything for my problem.

Super Moderator Achievements:
    10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Better question What don't I own, Oh a generic APAD
    If Market never worked, the reason is simpler and the fix is more complex. You likely have a device which does not have a licensed copy of Market installed. There are many tablets which have market installed but do not have a compliant device according to Google and the manufacturer did not pay the licensing fee for installation.
    Search the forum. You are NOT the only one with this problem (Actually very common) and there are fixes and patches available. Search and you will likely find a comparable/identical tablet and the fix.
    gurgle Tech stooge of the Internet
    Tablets Currently in Possession -Partial List
    MS --Fujitsu Stylistic LT TabletPC-Win98 / HP4400-W7U / Samsung Q1U- XPPro/V-Ult/Archos 9
    Android -- WItS A81E/ Archos 5/500 Archos 7HT/Archos 101/16/Asus Transformer 10.1/32 / G1

Remember-If You do not open it, you do not Own it

Senior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Acer Iconia Tab A500
    Quote Originally Posted by eialbur View Post
    Are you running strictly on WiFi, or do you have your phone enabled? I am strictly WiFi, and stopping/starting the tablet does not appear to do anything for my problem.
    Just to check...when you select to Download/Instal something, have you check the icon on the upper right corner, the one with the "i" on it? On my Tablet when the download is ready and instaled, it starts to blink...there you will find the notification.

Member #
    Device
    Huawei A7
    It never downloads. It says "Starting Download..." and that's it. It never makes any progress. I let it sit overnight and it was still in the same state in the morning.

Member #
    Device
    Huawei A7
    Gurgle: Do you think it could be a WiFi vs 3g issue? I have *not* enabled the phone on my tablet, and I have seen some indication that some people have gotten Market to work on some versions of the tablet (mostly reviewers).

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Huawei Ideos S7 tablet
    Market works fine on mine via Wi-Fi. I hate to mention it, but have you done a 'factory reset' and tried the market again?

Member #
    Device
    Huawei A7
    I found the rough equivalent of a hard reset (not where Huawei said it would be - but rather under Privacy) ... reset the tablet and re-entered my data ... still no deal.

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Clear the cache for the Market app if your intrrested do a google search for this issue, its a search VERY common problem does affects many many different devices

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads: