Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #

Keyboard Making Clicking Sound

I looked through a few pages of the forum, but didn't see a similar post so I have to create a thread.

As the title says, the keyboard makes a clicking sound when I type. How can I quiet it? I looked into the Settings, but no help from there.

Thank you

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78
    Should be in Settings->Language & keyboard->Android Keyboard and there is a check box for sounds on keypress. Did you actually go to the menu for the keyboard itself?
    Peter B. - email: tardis@androidtablets.net | Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: pbbrauer@gmail.com
    Current Devices, ROMs:
    (Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-9.4.2.15 v1 ROM
    (Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3

Remember to "Thank" people that help you out! |Click here for general Questions?

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Thank you for the quick reply.

I am there. It's unchecked.

Maybe I should check it and find out.

Member #
    Got it.

It's not "Sound on keypress" under Android keyboard. It's actually "Keypad tone" on/off under Huawei IME settings.

Thank you

50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    glad you worked it out, I use the Android keyboard not the Huawei IME so I didn't check that one.

Cheers,
    P
    Peter B. - email: tardis@androidtablets.net | Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: pbbrauer@gmail.com
    Current Devices, ROMs:
    (Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-9.4.2.15 v1 ROM
    (Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3

Remember to "Thank" people that help you out! |Click here for general Questions?

Member #
    Device
    N/A
    Btw: try Swype IME, a good IME.

Member #
    As the title says, the keyboard makes a clicking sound when I type. How can I quiet it? I looked into the Settings, but no help from there.

I got that also and by accident dropped the tone level to zero when typing, and that also stops the sound

Member #
    Device
    You have to go all the way into the settings specific for the Keyboard, not just for Language & Keyboard to see where it usually is. also, if you are using a custom or non-standard keyboard it may be someplace else entirely.

You can also check your Sound Settings, you may have a Silent Mode setting depending on your device type and configuration
    Current Devices, ROMs:

Ads: