Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree5Thanks

Thread: the Display/Video/Media thread

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Tagger Second Class

Member #

Stream videos from media server?

Has anyone succeeded or even tried to have the S7 stream videos from another computer/storage on the local network?

I have a computer in my home office which is always on, and it's my "home server" for music, videos, pictures, documents, and more.
    It's running Ubuntu Server 10.10, and is accessible as an NFS (Network File System).
    I have two different Popcorn Media Players who both stream videos from the media server, but I would really like to be able to use my S7 to browse through my video collection and stream an episode of a TV series.

I haven't found any apps on Market other than CifsManager which I'm struggling a bit with to get connected to my server, and if I can make it work, I'm doubtful that I can make my S7, using RockPlayer, to stream .avi's, I may have to create a local copy of the .avi first and then open it.

Any tips or experiences?

~Christopher

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Super Moderator Achievements:
    10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Better question What don't I own, Oh a generic APAD
    I have tried VLC for Android to stream from my Shared storage (Buffalo SMB Netstore. It did work. But I cannot speak to your configuration. There are a number of variables which I cannot give a authoritative answer for your config.
    gurgle Tech stooge of the Internet
    Tablets Currently in Possession -Partial List
    MS --Fujitsu Stylistic LT TabletPC-Win98 / HP4400-W7U / Samsung Q1U- XPPro/V-Ult/Archos 9
    Android -- WItS A81E/ Archos 5/500 Archos 7HT/Archos 101/16/Asus Transformer 10.1/32 / G1

Remember-If You do not open it, you do not Own it

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #

Has anyone tried to install the Zagg Invisible Shield on their S7?Hows the experience

Anyone tried the zagg invisible shield? how was it. Is it easy to install? How was the touch response after the install?

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    I have not installed the invisible shield on my S7. I got a 3 pack of matte antiglare screen protectors at Borders for ten bucks and cut one to size and it feels very responsive, glare is reduced and so are fingerprints.
    Having said that, I did play with an S7 at Best Buy which had the Zagg on and I did not like it at all. My finger seemed to stick while moving across the screen. I do have installed Bodygardz, BSE and Zagg screen protectos on about every phone I had and it is harder to do than regular screen protectors. You have to spray a water and mild soap solution and if not careful could damage whatever equipment you are puting it on.

My .02$

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Still evaluating
    The Speck brand is suppose to be much better. Though now that I looked Speck doesn't make a screen protector for the S7 yet.
    Last edited by Snyperx; 11-27-2010 at 06:05 PM.

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by poncespr View Post
    I have not installed the invisible shield on my S7. I got a 3 pack of matte antiglare screen protectors at Borders for ten bucks and cut one to size and it feels very responsive, glare is reduced and so are fingerprints.
    Having said that, I did play with an S7 at Best Buy which had the Zagg on and I did not like it at all. My finger seemed to stick while moving across the screen. I do have installed Bodygardz, BSE and Zagg screen protectos on about every phone I had and it is harder to do than regular screen protectors. You have to spray a water and mild soap solution and if not careful could damage whatever equipment you are puting it on.

My .02$
    I see, i'm still not decided on purchasing the zagg invi shield because it only comes in 1 piece per package unlike others that came by 3's.. so if i failed then no more chance to try unless i buy again... i would probably try the 3 pack screen protectors that you have mentioned. Whats that brand worth $10?

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Thanks for the info guys!!!

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    The brand is Ex-Point. Found it at my local Borders in the ereader section.

Name:  image0.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  87.3 KB

Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    added the Zagg to my S7 when I picked it up at Best Buy last week and had the sales clerk in Phone dept. install it for free, if they screw it up it is Best Buys $$$! The Screen schield extremely clear, tuff as nails and doesn't affect sensitivity at all ! It does add a bit of reflection to the screen and a little drag also, though neither is a major issue to me. The one BIG issue was the $29.95 I paid for it...but it is LIFE TIME GUARANTEE, if you scratch it, they replace it! And, if it keeps the screen from getting scratched and dinged it is well worth it!

Cheers!

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #

tv app

any decent tv app that you watch some news maybe some football on sunday, thx in advance

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads: