after made private conversation with odienas this afternoon, finally we have froyo firmware ready to download.
This update has been confirmed to work with:
S7-103, Indonesian version with dual cameras internal/external sdcard
S7-104, US BestBuy/RadioShack version with dual cameras and internal/external sdcard
S7-101, Austria Mobilkom version - loses camera, GPS?
S7-103, New Zealand - loses GPS?
S7-105, Globe telecom Philippines
S7-105, Australian version with dual cameras and external sdcard (loses pinch-to-zoom?)
The installation of this update will result in loss of data. Please ensure that you have appropriate backups before you proceed.
Please confirm your model/variant! While it is possible to revert back, flashing the wrong firmware onto your device may have risks and will result in temporary or permanent loss in functionality.
You should try to perform a backup of the data of important applications using Titanium Backup (root) or another application. If you have Clockworkmod recovery installed, you may elect to perform a nandroid backup before proceeding. Note that the Clockworkmod recovery built for Android 2.1 does not work properly after this update is installed. You will need to first restore to a previous working Android 2.1 firmware before proceeding with the restore in that case.
Until Huawei officially releases the update for your region, it may result in the voiding of your software warranty. Flash at your own risk.
here is for you guys:
Download Link Android 2.2.2 for Huawei S7, S7v100R001C98B021:
Download Mirror at Megaupload
Download Mirror at MediaFire
MD5 checksum for updata.app : 74D031FD717D8BF68956EF3F044C8EEB
Others Huawei Official firmwares (2.2) can be found here : [ROM]Huawei Ideos S7 official firmware (2.2.2)
Adobe Flash APK (not pre-installed, optional):
Adobe Flash Player APK
Update install process:
1. unrar the file, and copy the 'dload' folder to the root directory of a sufficiently large external SDcard formatted to FAT/FAT32 (readable by the S7)
SDcard contents should be like this :
2. turn off the unit, and ensure that you are either plugged in with a battery inside the unit, or that you have enough charge left in your battery
3. turn on, and a progress bar will appear in the middle of the screen. Wait until "OK" is displayed on the screen.
4. turn off the unit by removing the battery and any powerplugs to the S7
5. repeat steps 2,3,4 again. otherwise it will hang at boot screen (instructed by Huawei)
6. Remove the SD card and start the device. If you wish the use the card for the device, remove the firmware files from the SD card before reinserting it.
If the update fails to install, check that your file was properly moved into the SDcard by comparing the MD5 checksum.
The overall process should take less than 15 minutes to complete.
Q & A for common problems
Q. Why upgrade fails? it will not flash new ROM, but boot the tablet normally to old ROM.
A. - If you have SD card formatted using android, format it again using Windows system
- If you have rename the "dload" folder using android, rename the "dload" folder using Windows system.
Root after update:
Use SuperOneClick with the default psneuter method. You will need to enable Android debugging mode on the device itself and install appropriate drivers for adb (Android debugging bridge).
The discussion for this is here, along with a mirror of SuperOneClick that has been confirmed to properly root the update
i am just help odienas to make a reliable upload and made mirrors, so all credits and kudos goes to odienas for his great effort.