Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Huawei Ideos S7

Huawei Ideos S7 does not turn on

Hi, I need your expert opinions regarding my S7. It refuses to turn on or power up either with the battery or the charger plugged after an "unsuccessful" firmware upgrade. Did I brick my tablet?

I have already successfully upgraded from the stock 2.1 to 2.2.2 (Indo ROM) previously. Then recently, my S7 hung on the "IDEOS" logo after powering-up. Tried hard reset, recovery and fast-boot to no avail. So I eventually decided to re-flash via SD using 2.2.2 Indo ROM again. During the upgrade process, the progress bar stopped midway and my S7 reset. Tried to repeat the process with similar results, simply the upgrade failed. After that, my S7 does not turn on anymore. I tried removing the battery and plugged the AC charger but still it won't power up. I don't think this is a hardware issue and I suspect it has something to do with the failed upgrade.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this issue? Thanks in advance!
    Huawei Ideos S7 SV-105 (Globe Telecom)
    Android ver. 2.2.2 - Rooted
    Build No. S7V100R001C98B021

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

3 months registered 250 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Huawei s7 slim
    Can Adb detect your device?Does the screen or the capacitative buttons light up when you try switching on?

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Huawei Ideos S7
    Quote Originally Posted by kalphonse View Post
    Can Adb detect your device?Does the screen or the capacitative buttons light up when you try switching on?
    I cannot do anything with the device. No lights, no response, no display when I turn the power button on. Same behavior even with the AC charger plugged. The battery doesn't even get warm to indicate that it's charging.

7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    huawei s7-105
    i have the same problem.... i can't do anything with it....
    i don't know what can i do.............and i don't know where is the SAT....

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 3 months registered 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    huawei s7-104 ideos
    Have you tried flashing back to original 2.1 and reflashing original firmware yet.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Android Tablet Forum

Member #
    Device
    Huawei Ideos S7
    Quote Originally Posted by juhni View Post
    Have you tried flashing back to original 2.1 and reflashing original firmware yet.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Android Tablet Forum
    This is what I intend to do, reflash with another FW version (2.1 or other 2.2); unfortunately the device refuses to power up preventing me from doing a reflash.

I plugged the AC charger the whole day yesterday and still nothing happened. Are there any other key/button press combinations to at least bring the S7 to bootloader mode?

7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    huawei s7-105
    i have the same problem. I'm trying to do a lot of things but it is impossible. My ideos S7 is dead. I don't know what i can do. Probably, i unmount the tablet....but it is difficult....I saw in youtube a video that it appear one way to recover the flash....but i don't find the video......

If someone knows how can i recover my tablet i will be very happy.....

regards.

Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    Ideos S7
    i have a similar isue to the OP, my s7 however does turn on and just stayes at the ideos screen, i had flashed a few different roms to it with success, then when upgrading to another it reset and just stayes to the boot screen, HELP

500 Experience Points 31 days registered 3 months registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    1. Without battery connect charger and then power on charger. Let know if IDEOS is displayed on screen. Assuming ROM is corrupt.
    2. With or without battery but with charger connected and powered on press and hold Back and Send buttons then power up. Does the unit display a white bar in the middle?

If any of the above symptoms is present, the unit can be rebooted in recovery via ADB and a stock firmware can be flashed. I killed my tab so many times like an over zealous modder and could recover back all the time. it did happen to me that the flashing stopped after about 5 bars and then on some other occasion at bar 12 or 13. On two occasions the lights will suddenly start blinking fast and flashing will not continue. Please let know.
    Last edited by kaysun; 03-18-2012 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Correction

Member #
    Device
    huawei s7
    Quote Originally Posted by kaysun View Post
    1. Without battery connect charger and then power on charger. Let know if IDEOS is displayed on screen. Assuming ROM is corrupt.
    2. With or without battery but with charger connected and powered on press and hold Back and Send buttons then power up. Does the unit display a white bar in the middle?

If any of the above symptoms is present, the unit can be rebooted in recovery via ADB and a stock firmware can be flashed. I killed my tab so many times like an over zealous modder and could recover back all the time. it did happen to me that the flashing stopped after about 5 bars and then on some other occasion at bar 12 or 13. On two occasions the lights will suddenly start blinking fast and flashing will not continue. Please let know.
    I have the Same problem can you tell me Please how can i flash my device..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: