For all of you who are curious to try CM9 ICS Android 4.0.4 on the S7-105 (may work with others 10x...?)
Remember this is work-in-progress, so some things does not work as expected (yet?) !!!
( but some may find it is stable enough... :-) )
What you need:
- know how to flash using recovery or fastboot
- flash the latest recovery
1. get the rom (123,7Mb)
2. copy the file to the internal SD
3. boot to recovery and do backup and a full wipe data
4. select 'install zip from sdcard', choose the zip and flash
5. reboot and wait
1. capacitive touchscreen
3. tablet mode enabled by default
4. ...almost everything else ;-)
Does not work:
3. tethering (see Tips)
4. skype, netflix, flash, ...??
5. some sound noises (I've confirmed its not kernel's fault, it is something in the configs/libs, will try to debug it when a stable CM10 is available)
it is recommended to have a 2º partition (sd-ext) on the internal SD for the Data partition, to be able to install lots of apps!
TIPS & TRICKS:
-> wifi tether may work:
Install from the market app WiFi tether, then go to settings and check MSS clamping and Ruting fix. Then click on Change Device-Profile and check Generic ICS/JB (wlan1) and finally click on Change Setup-Method and click on WEXT. Probably there is no need to do all of this but after one hour playing with this I can finally use hot spot. (tip by member Just_me)
-> latest Google Apps:
CyanogenMod Wiki (install from recovery)
-> google play does not show apps or say they are incompatible:
try download the .apk file to the sdcard and install manually, or set the Lcd density to 160.
you can also try this (tip by member fbcomp)
-> small performance gain:
Disable CPU Rendering
Suggestions are welcome!!
This is possible thanks to the work of ere95588, asturel, goodoane, angelsgroup and probably others..??