Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Thanks Tree3Thanks

Thread: Tablets for Dummies

Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Huawei Ideos S7

Question Tablets for Dummies

OK.

I am a complete and total newbie at this Tablet thing. I bought a S7 just before Christmas because it seemed to do everything I wanted it to do, it was getting good reviews and the price was right.

Now, questions questions.

The "User's Manual" is fairly lame. Is there a more detailed manual online somewhere that goes into more detail? I'm talking about basic rudimentary stuff; not just configuring. Like, I managed to create a folder in my Favorites page, but nowhere does it say how to delete a folder. How can I delete it?

Or, how do I move applications to my Favorites? That stupid little booklet (half of which is in Spanish ) is basically useless.

The S7 appears to have a docking station port on the bottom, next to the SD card slot, but so far I have not been able to find a docking station for it. Is there such a thing?

What is the difference between a Resistive and Capacitive screen? Why is one better than the other?

Why can't I get my Windows 7 to recognize the S7? I tried to find drivers on the Huawei Devices site but couldn't find what I need.

Help! (And thanks in advance.)
    Last edited by Salty_Dog; 12-28-2010 at 05:48 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    S7
    welcome, and congratulations for your acquisition, its a great table, first off all, you must read the topics on the top of forum, that you give you a lot of start information....

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Next time put questions in bullets

1. Is there a more detailed manual online somewhere that goes into more detail.
    >> NO, its a smart device, a detail manual will be ridiculously lengthy
    Edit: tjanuario posted a link with more detailed manual
    2. I managed to create a folder in my Favorites page, but nowhere does it say how to delete a folder. How can I delete it? Or, how do I move applications to my Favorites?
    >> I dont understand
    3. How can I delete it?
    >> Try hardware menu key (the one with 3 horizontal bars)
    4. I have not been able to find a docking station for it. Is there such a thing?
    >> Yes, I've seen picture, I believe it was posted here, but I cant find where to buy.
    5. What is the difference between a Resistive and Capacitive screen?
    >> Wiki it, but short explanation Capacitive is more sensitive while Resistive is more accurate
    6. Why can't I get my Windows 7 to recognize the S7?
    I dont know, I use Mac and it recognized fine

Administrator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78
    Salty_Dog - I also have to say, every single one of your questions is addressed the in the stickies on this sub-section of the site. The search function is quite robust and is your friend.

-p
    Peter B. - email: tardis@androidtablets.net | Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: pbbrauer@gmail.com
    Current Devices, ROMs:
    (Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-9.4.2.15 v1 ROM
    (Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3

Remember to "Thank" people that help you out! |Click here for general Questions?

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5,000 Experience Points Veteran 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Huawei s7-Wpdn-nook-libre pro
    Hi Salty dog-
    Welcome to a great resource site. When you take the time to read all the stickies at leisure- not in a rush to fix something- but just to read you will find lots of nice to know stuff that you don't think about until you come across the problem and you'll think " I read about this in those sticky threads!!!" They will always be in the same place so you can refer back to them. I love my tablet!! Took 2 days of reading and trial and error for me to fix all my problems. Not too shabby. Just persist and you'll figure it out!

PS- Love the name. Do you know the story of the salty dog?
    Kgs
    Note-Gnex-lumia 521-iphone 5s-Nexus 7 original- Asus Vivobook
    nook-libre pro-asus 1000h-iphone3gs- incite -Huawei s7 (C62B11 + link2sd)- Asus TF (Prime 1.8.4 rooted)

"Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back-up is when you screw up!"

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5,000 Experience Points Veteran 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Huawei s7-Wpdn-nook-libre pro

Wink Don't know why???

This thread seems like the appropriate place to show my ignorance.

Why is it that there must be 20 programs open and running when the i box (notification flashing i) is flashing. I know I didn't run them. Or open them. Is there a start menu that can be modified like on a PC to limit automatic running programs when the tablet is first started? If anyone can enlighten me I would appreciate it. Thank you.
    Kgs
    Note-Gnex-lumia 521-iphone 5s-Nexus 7 original- Asus Vivobook
    nook-libre pro-asus 1000h-iphone3gs- incite -Huawei s7 (C62B11 + link2sd)- Asus TF (Prime 1.8.4 rooted)

"Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back-up is when you screw up!"

500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    S7
    Android opens those apps and keeps them open for efficiency, android manages memory/space much differently than windows.

For more details you can read about memory management on the android dev site.

Sent from my nonsensikal froyo
    buzzman thanked this.
    Yo!

50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    We also have some good docs here on it. It is not really necessary, but you can get ATK from the market to auto and manually kill apps.
    buzzman thanked this.
    Peter B. - email: tardis@androidtablets.net | Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: pbbrauer@gmail.com
    Current Devices, ROMs:
    (Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-9.4.2.15 v1 ROM
    (Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3

Remember to "Thank" people that help you out! |Click here for general Questions?

500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    S7
    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    We also have some good docs here on it. It is not really necessary, but you can get ATK from the market to auto and manually kill apps.
    Task killers are not all that great IMO. Android will continue to restart the apps that you are killing. I find it best to just let androind manage itself, it's pretty good at it.

Sent from my nonsensikal froyo
    Yo!

Member #
    Device
    Absolutely. IMHO task killers are not required anymore, but some people like them.
    SikYou thanked this.
    Current Devices, ROMs:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads: