Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Thanks Tree2Thanks
  • 1 Post By goodoane
  • 1 Post By pbrauer

Thread: Keeps shutting off

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Huawei S7

Keeps shutting off

So last night i was watchin a video and fell asleep w/ my s7 on the arm of the couch, woke up and it was on the floor... Now it keeps randomly shutting off and most of the time when the screen turns off it wont turn back on when i press any of the buttons, i either have to remove the battery or plug it in... Floor is carpet so if could have only fell like 2ft tops and hit plush carpet. Any ideas on what could be wrong, and how to remedy this!?

Sent from my Huawei Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App
    -[efidol]--[Rx]--[TDC]-

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Huawei s7 104
    Try to check if you are in flight mode. If yes then switch back. And do an restart.

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk
    efidol thanked this.
    Huawei S7 BB v104.

Administrator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78
    this may sound too simplistic, but also take a moment to reseat your battery. I had mine slide off the carseat onto the floormat and had the same issue. The battery was not lined up completely right. I had to take it out completely, blow off the contacts and reseat it.
    efidol thanked this.
    Peter B. - email: tardis@androidtablets.net | Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: pbbrauer@gmail.com
    Current Devices, ROMs:
    (Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-9.4.2.15 v1 ROM
    (Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3

Remember to "Thank" people that help you out! |Click here for general Questions?

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Huawei S7
    did the suggested methods listed above and no improvement. i love my S7. had to take it in to BB for exchange today :-( mfg warranty... 3-5 days for return. wouldn't do an even swap in-store. on the plus side i should get a new charger, stylus and battery (all extras) called Huawei yesterday and they told me to take it to BB and exchange. told BB that Huawei told me to return it minus all accessories and battery (although that didn't come up during the 27:46 min call to Huawei), which when you call the 1-800-4-HUAWEI number says "your call is important to us, the max. wait time is 5 minutes, if your call is not answered in 5 minutes your call will be transferred to a tech support admin., so after 25'ish minutes on hold (on my cell, eating up my minutes, glad i have thousands of rollover minutes) and 2+ minutes of actually talking to a person i was told it was an electrical/circuitry problem and advised to exchange it... p.s. it was boot looping and every time the screen would time out it, it would shut down and restart over and over and over again (very annoying to say the least) but only when not plugged in to the charger, i would plug in and it was miraculously fixed??? so "I" decided to do a factory resed and format the internal SD card and it seemed to solve the problem, so i was like i'll just keep it, must've been an error in the OS, until i started installing my stuff from the Market (updated and such) then it did it again so i decided to do the exchange, reluctantly. kept the batery and accessories to be an a$$ because BB wouldn't give the the $50 off when it was on sale, so i figure the extra battery alone will be worth the missing $ and i'll get the other stuff to boot. :-)

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    Huawei S7
    Got my new tablet today... Brand new with all accessories, battery charger etc so now i have extras... Sweet!

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App
    -[efidol]--[Rx]--[TDC]-

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by efidol View Post
    Got my new tablet today... Brand new with all accessories, battery charger etc so now i have extras... Sweet!

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App
    We should all have such "terrible" S7 accidents

Sent from the awesome ZTab

Senior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    Huawei S7
    ha ha...mine went into boot loop the other day, but it all fixed itself up when I removed the battery.
    Huawei S7-105 (Telstra) Rooted
    Froyo 2.2.2 ROM (S7V100R001C98B021)
    Rooted with SOC
    Telstra pre-paid

Junior Member Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 31 days registered

Member #
    got this problem, i actually recieved it from my old mans friend (delievered by him) idk if he kinda drop it or sumtin. but my s7 keeps on rebooting. without the batteries while charged, still reboots itself. I got this as a christmas present but up to this time im not having fun of it. reboots all the time. someone please gimme some hints? I wanna cry F**K.

Ads: