Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Thanks Tree2Thanks

Thread: Curtis klu LT8025

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered Tagger Second Class

Member #
    Device
    KLU 8025

Universal charger

It seems a little strange that Radio shack was not able to sell you a universal charger, they have tons of them.

in fact I checked their website and they list 3 different chargers with a 9 volt output capable of charging at 2.5 Amps.

They all had a selection of jacks to use with this tablet, maybe you should get one from target or walmart if Radio shack cannot sell you one.

Good thing is universal chargers are available just about anywhere, in fact the charger for my KLU gave up after only 5 charges and I am using a charger from radio shack to charge it, although sadly it has become somewhat of a brick right now, it still turns on but it takes about 30 minutes to boot up, sadly it's life seems limited.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzypinut View Post
    Thanks. I went to Radio Shack and they said they didn't have a charger that would work - but the only info I had to give them was the type of battery inside the tablet so maybe the sales person didn't understand what I needed. I'll try there again!!!

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Curtis Klu LT8025 7" tablet
    Well, Radio Shack had one that jack that fit inside up to a point, but didn't go all the way in and I was told that it needed to do so to connect to the "pin" correctly. Maybe it would have worked, but again I was afraid to try it and damage the tablet because it really it didn't fit all the way inside like my Samsung charger did. I have already tried Walmart. I will try Target. I was thinking of trying Frys but I don't have one very close to me. This is very frustrating because it does seem to me it shouldn't be so proprietary (sp??)

100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Curtis Klu LT8025 7" tablet

Found Charger!!

I went to 4 Radio Shack's (actually I went to one of the 3 twice) and finally got the charger at one and the connector at another! I don't know how they train the people at Radio Shack, but it seems I shouldn't have had to make a quest of finding the right charger since they carry it!!! I'm glad I do not give up easily and THANKS A LOT for your advice!!!

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered Tagger Second Class

Member #
    Device
    KLU 8025
    Glad t help, enjoy your new toy

Quote Originally Posted by dizzypinut View Post
    I went to 4 Radio Shack's (actually I went to one of the 3 twice) and finally got the charger at one and the connector at another! I don't know how they train the people at Radio Shack, but it seems I shouldn't have had to make a quest of finding the right charger since they carry it!!! I'm glad I do not give up easily and THANKS A LOT for your advice!!!

1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Curtis KLU LT8025
    Actually, you have to locate a seperate YouTube apk file to watch files from You Tube.
    Do a search on sites "freewarelovers" or "4shared". You will find a YouTube APK file to download.

Quote Originally Posted by toomuch View Post
    Hi there,
    Firstly this device runs Android 2.1 so sadly Youtube videos will not run on it, you can download the skyfire browser from slideme market which is installed on this unit, that will give you a small window which has some video capabilities.

The Android market is not accessible on this unit, the manufacturer used an open source version of Android which is not compatible with the market, you can use the slideme market or install the Amazon market app and download apps from there.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 3 months registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Curtis LT7029 Tablet
    I have the 7 inch tablet. Where is you find the firmware download ? All I see is pdf manuals on their website for downloading.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by angelday View Post
    I got one too at big lots. I'm new to the whole tablet/android thing. I was wondering if it is upgradable to android 2.2 or even the new 3.0 platform? There isn't alot of info for this particular tablet online. I did go to the curtis website and there is a firmware update for the 7 in model but nothing for the 8 in. I did read on several other forums that 3.0 android tablets should be flooding the market in mid 2011, so Im not sure if I should keep this one or if I should wait til the better ones come out. Being new to this I dont even know if what I bought is decent or not. I got it for my 17 year old son since his Ipod touch was stolen and this would be cool for him when he goes off to culinary school to download cookbooks and to email from and check his myspace or whatever. So if someone is willing to give us noobs a review or any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 3 months registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Curtis LT7029 Tablet
    Does anybody know how to delete apk files once you download them using appinstall program ?

I can't find them inside the internal memory storage.

Thanks.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 150,000 Experience Points 100,000 Experience Points 50,000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Sylvania SYNET7LP
    Quote Originally Posted by zhong View Post
    I have the 7 inch tablet. Where is you find the firmware download ? All I see is pdf manuals on their website for downloading.
    Thanks.
    Join the discussion in the Sylvania Tablets forum if you have a 7" InfoTMIC tablet.

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    KLU 8025

Curtis KLU 8025 firmware update

There is no update, Curtis did promise one but then abandoned this tablet and cancelled the update, so you are stuck with what you have, pretty much junk.
    Big Lots are selling an android 2.2 tablet for $99 right now, it's probably no better than the KLU but at least it has a better version of Android on it.
    I suggest you return the 8025 and get one of these, at least you will be $50 better off.

Quote Originally Posted by zhong View Post
    Thanks.

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Curtis Klu
    HELP HELP HELP !!!!
    Hello guys,
    I just bricked my Curtis Klu LT8025 when trying to resolve a WIFI issue. When I tried to restore the default firmware, it says that some of the files are corrupted. I have gone EVERYWHERE to look for a compatible firmware I can use and did not find any that works. By the way mine is the 0.7.3.1 version. I tried all the firmwares that were for 8" tablet and it automatically rejects the SDcard at boot stating that the wrap is not for this model.
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, I know that they are experts out there that can help me. Could you please guide me to where to find a firmware or what to do next?
    Thanks in advance for your help!!!!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Ads: