Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree2Thanks

Thread: Curtis klu LT8025

Junior Member Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Klu by Curtis - LT8025
    I bought a Curtis tablet also to read PDF for school reading assignments and its great for what I needed for. Its nice for my first tablet.
    Anthony Gladney

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    curtis LT8025
    I ust got my KLU LT 8025, tried to install an app VTL Launcher and then screwed my table, getting: Theapplication VTL launcher (process android.process.acore) has stoppedunexpectedly.Please try again. now I cant do anything have you got this error? is there a way to reinstall or reset my tablet???

Member #
    Device
    Curtis Klu 8"
    Quote Originally Posted by freddyzdead View Post
    Help!!! I bricked it!!

The wifi stopped working and I ended up flashing it with a ZenniThink firmware that was close but not close enough. Now all I get is a white screen. How to get ahold of the original FW? I used the so-called WinHex method; these are the files I flashed to it:
    ramdisk.img 160 kB
    system.img 119,040 kB
    uImage 2,708 kB
    userdata.img 9 kB
    zSYS.img 68,641 kB

The instructions for the bootable SD card worked very well and the unit happilly booted from it and loaded all the files without any fuss. When it rebooted I got just the white screen. I've tried a few others after that but not surprisingly, no luck. I need the original files, or somebody to port 2.2 to it. Anybody done it yet?

Would be nice if Tipstir or somebody else who knows what (s)he's doing could extract the firmware from a working unit and post it here. I suppose that's possible, isn't it?
    freddyzdead - there is a way to recover (possibly)...I was able to do a factory reset, but my wireless ceased to work afterwards. This might be specific to my unit, so if you want to roll the dice, you can do the following:

Hold POWER, HOME and BACK. You'll get to a black screen that says "Press the required keys for a factory reset. System will boot in 5, 4, 3...)". Press POWER, HOME and BACK again and the system will do a reflash with the base firmware.

Again, this is WAY your mileage may vary...also, a rep from Curtis did tell me that they are working on getting out some firmware in the next three weeks or so.

Member #
    Device
    curtis LT8025

dead KLU

Hi
    I tried holding POWER, HOME and BACK, and it also said "Press the required keys for a factory reset. System will boot in 5, 4, 3...) then when I press POWER, HOME and BACK again, I get the message: "No recovery image is found, try recover from SD" so I agree with freddyzdead, If somebody could extract the firmware from a working unit and post it here, I'd love him(here), I've called three times to Curtis and none of them gives me a good explanation, last one told me to reset computer, then full charge it and restart, what happened? nothing, then call again and the guy told me to call in 2 days to check if there's a new firmware, hahaha.

Member #
    Device
    Curtis KLU LT8025
    I downloaded on of Tipsters Android APK packs - It contains about 100 android apps - Youtube was one of them...I also got Market running. I was loading so many apps, I lost track on what I did...I was clicking and adding apps like crazy. If you still need it, I have the original App pack. I will try to see where I downloaded it. Tipster is the man...So look for app packs. If not, I will set up an FTP site to allow downloading.

100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    curtis klu
    hey efh, you got the android market working on this tab? The only markets that I was able to get working on it so far, was applanet, and the stock slideme. There is an update for the slideme app tho, goto www.slideme.org, and download the update. it is 4.1 instead of 4.0 Also, guys what I found out too.. is if you use the cpuboost and set your max to 710400 and minimum to 614400, it will boost your overall score to around 859+ big jump from 830

100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    curtis klu
    i am currently working with tipstir on developing something for this tab.. should be pretty awsome tho!

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 150,000 Experience Points 100,000 Experience Points 50,000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Sylvania SYNET7LP

infoTMIC Home >> Products & Services>> Tablet PC 7, 8, & 10"

Quote Originally Posted by freddyzdead View Post
    Help!!! I bricked it!!

The wifi stopped working and I ended up flashing it with a ZenniThink firmware that was close but not close enough. Now all I get is a white screen. How to get ahold of the original FW? I used the so-called WinHex method; these are the files I flashed to it:
    ramdisk.img 160 kB
    system.img 119,040 kB
    uImage 2,708 kB
    userdata.img 9 kB
    zSYS.img 68,641 kB

The instructions for the bootable SD card worked very well and the unit happilly booted from it and loaded all the files without any fuss. When it rebooted I got just the white screen. I've tried a few others after that but not surprisingly, no luck. I need the original files, or somebody to port 2.2 to it. Anybody done it yet?

Would be nice if Tipstir or somebody else who knows what (s)he's doing could extract the firmware from a working unit and post it here. I suppose that's possible, isn't it?
    The method described above is OLD and creates a bootable sd with an incompatible boot image.

Thanks to tipstir - Big Lot's has the Curtis KLU LT8025 for $149.99

The Klu by Curtis International LT8025 8" Tablet has been identified as missing member of the infoTM product family of tablets. Now the line up is complete with 7", 8" & 10".

Name:  infoTM.JPG
Views: 2965
Size:  74.2 KB

infoTMIC Home >> Products & Services>> Tablet PC

The Sylvania 7" SYNET7LP/SYTABEX7 (manually updated to Android 2.2 "Froyo") and the 10" SYTAB10MT (SYNET10LP) along with the Klu by Curtis International LT8025 8" Tablet all share the same programming issues, so collaboration to fix the annoyances would be beneficial as the 8" device is still running Android 2.1, no update to 2.2 identified yet.

Here are some Resources for the SYNET7LP/SYTABEX7/Disgo 6000 that may apply to working through some of the known annoyances and fixes.

Caution as the screen drivers maybe an issues between 7", 8" & 10" devices.

Current update files and newer methods have been identified that could be utilized to bring 2.2 to this device.

How to manually update SYNET7LP/SYTABEX7/Disgo 6000 to Android 2.2 "Froyo"
    Using a microSD card OR from computer using USB cable and OTG Port

Updates seem to be hardware version specific and can be identified using either of the methods described in Step 1 post above or it may be displayed on the screen.
    Code:
    Curtis Klu infotm
    0.7.3.1(658)
    To date - Identified hardware versions -

hwver=0.7.1.5
    hwver=0.7.3.1

Using this information as described in Step 2, in the above post, the appropriate update file can be download.

http://222.73.93.45/sysup.php?data=0.7.1.5&vcode=0 returns the following:

5|http://222.73.93.45/update/0.7.1.5/WWE08B_Android-2.1_0.7.1.5_v5full.ius

The "5" may be the current Version Code available for the device. If anything below 5 is entered in the get command above for "vcode=?" it will return this link once it is set to 5 it return "1".

0.7.3.1 doesn't return a link but it is similar to the Flytouch 2 hwver 0.6.3.1 and the SYTAB10MT (SYNET10LP) hwver 11.6.3.1

The Flytouch hwver doesn't return a link but the Sylvania 10" SYTAB10MT (SYNET10LP) does -
    11|http://222.73.93.45/update/11.6.3.1/0106rd_11.6.3.1.2.0_beta3.ius

Again, display 8" versus 10" MAY BE AN ISSUE but using these methods the individual U0, Kernel, Ramdisk, UserData, and system.img could be extracted an burned using the USB mode: Expert burn after modification using the "InfoTM Update Wrap Tool" and instructions referenced in manual update process Step 3.

Also, looking to bring Honeycomb on Sylvania tablet so any assistance is appreciated.
    Last edited by cfrockit; 05-06-2011 at 09:43 AM.

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Level

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered Tagger Second Class 31 days registered

Member #

Post Curtis Klu Review

Hey Guys,

We picked up the Curtis Klu a week or so ago and put it through the paces. Depending on what you are looking for, this little guy could be right for you, considering it's price. We did a full review, you can check it out at http://goprogizmo.com. Hope you all like the review! There will be many more coming.

Cheers!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Ads: