Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Hi, Here's my experience on Le Pan Freezes. Sorry for my english, this is not my primary language.

I bought 2 Le Pan, for me and my parents. Mine with a Patriot Class 4 16GB MicroSD and Only the tablet for My parent (I let original MicroSD in the tablet). Mine used to freeze 2 or 3 times every "charge". I mean the time from full charge to low battery.

My parent's one run fine without any freeze and they use it for 5 hours minimum per days for a week now.

So I tried to put back the original 2Go MicroSD in my tablet and since then, no freeze in several days now. I'm pretty sure that they have disapeared completely.

I think that MicroSD card have a major impact on the "freeze" habit of the tablet. So you could try original card for a few days. If you come with a specific Brand or Speed (Class) that work perfectly with the tablet, you can share it here please.

So i'm sure that mine is not working well : Patriot MicroSD HC Class 4 16Gb

Thank you... please share also experience if freezes gone with original MicroSD Card.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Either there is a design problem in the Le Pan or the manufacturer has produced an ''orchard" of lemons.

I purchased my tablet at the end of November. At first no problems. Then the freezing started and over time became more frequent. So when I heard about the 4431 upgrade I went for it. The same pattern followed. At first no problem, but then it happened more frequently. At the same time it is entirely unpredictable. Some days it works flawlessly. Other days it will freeze every other minute. I hare noticed no patterns of any sort.

I like the tablet a lot, but this freezing up is intolerable.

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using Android Tablet Forum

Member #
    Device
    lepan tc 970
    I hope this helps someone. I am not sure if you guys are having problems with actual "freezing"(where the tablet shows on screen content, but glitches up and doesn't work). that has never happend to mine...however... I have the tc 970 and it has always "become unresponsive" if i let it go to sleep on its own. I first noticed this when downloading larger apps from the market and letting the tab sit. To remedy this problem i simply changed the screen sleep timer in the settings from the factory default to the highest setting(30 min). Now we just maunually put the tablet to sleep when we are done using it. To be more clear, the tablet has ...NEVER... froze at any other time than when it puts itself to sleep. When this happens the screen goes black like it is sleeping but when you try to wake it, it does not respond. so after several presses of the power button, or pressing the reset the tab reboots. When downloading larger files that take more than 30 min, simply swipe across an empty part of the screen before the 30 min is up to reset the screens sleep timer so you can complete your download.(I had to do this with the gta3 extra game content) After figuring this out, our tablet has never again had the sleep of death. As i said, I am not sure if this is the same problem others are having but since it worked with ours i figured i would mention it in case it could help someone else. If this is not the problem you are having, sorry I couldn't help and good luck. P.S. we love our lepan and everyone that has checked it out is surprised by its quality especially for the price.

Member #
    Device
    lepan tc 970
    Quote Originally Posted by mroy100 View Post
    Hi, Here's my experience on Le Pan Freezes. Sorry for my english, this is not my primary language.

I bought 2 Le Pan, for me and my parents. Mine with a Patriot Class 4 16GB MicroSD and Only the tablet for My parent (I let original MicroSD in the tablet). Mine used to freeze 2 or 3 times every "charge". I mean the time from full charge to low battery.

My parent's one run fine without any freeze and they use it for 5 hours minimum per days for a week now.

So I tried to put back the original 2Go MicroSD in my tablet and since then, no freeze in several days now. I'm pretty sure that they have disapeared completely.

I think that MicroSD card have a major impact on the "freeze" habit of the tablet. So you could try original card for a few days. If you come with a specific Brand or Speed (Class) that work perfectly with the tablet, you can share it here please.

So i'm sure that mine is not working well : Patriot MicroSD HC Class 4 16Gb

Thank you... please share also experience if freezes gone with original MicroSD Card.
    Again, I'm not sure if our problem is the same but with ours it made no difference when we had the stock sd card or when we put in a 8gb class 4 MicroSd HC card. The tablet was very consistent in its behavior. So much so that I would bet money that if we let our tab go to sleep on its own, we would have a 110% provability that it would not awake without rebooting it. The reason I replied to your comment is to verify that with our class 4 card we have had no problems. (other than the sleep thing that it also did with the stock card.)

Member #
    Device
    LePan 970 tab
    I just got my LePan I from Amazon today. Have total frustration, altho I can see where it could be superb if it would stop freezing all the time! It freezes continually, every few minutes...ridiculous! I have tried installing the firmware update(3 ways)...won't happen. It simply tells me it's an invalid image(?), so I copied files to separate SD and it still would not accept it. I also have the WiFi issue...it will not accept my ATT network. Apparently it 'prefers' WEP and not WPA. Sorry, but I prefer a secure network!
    Sure could use some help from someone who knows this LePan that was supposed to be so great.

Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    Le Pan TC970
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpaiger View Post
    I just got my LePan I from Amazon today. Have total frustration, altho I can see where it could be superb if it would stop freezing all the time! It freezes continually, every few minutes...ridiculous! I have tried installing the firmware update(3 ways)...won't happen. It simply tells me it's an invalid image(?), so I copied files to separate SD and it still would not accept it. I also have the WiFi issue...it will not accept my ATT network. Apparently it 'prefers' WEP and not WPA. Sorry, but I prefer a secure network!
    Sure could use some help from someone who knows this LePan that was supposed to be so great.

Have you tried Le Pan tech support? Very helpful and responsive.

Junior Member Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 7 days registered

Member #
    I got exactly the same issue. My Le Pan freezes without any pattern. I cannot wake it up when I turn off the screen. When it freezes, it sucks the battery very fast.

Super Moderator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 25,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    This is most likely caused by a rouge app. Try a factory reset and then slowly installing your apps one at a time to see which one causes the issue (or if you don't want to loose all your apps and data, go the other way and uninstall them one at a time). You can also try a monitor app like watchdog or similar to look for apps causing issues.
    Nexus 7
    Nook Color -
    (SD): 1. CM7 7.1.0, 2. CM7 7.0.3 Encore
    (eMMC): CM10 Nightlies
    Nook Tablet 16GB: Jelly Bean
    VTAB1008: Rooted Gingerbread

Android OS Help & How To

“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstein

Member #
    Device
    Le Pan tc970
    I have had the same problem, I did factory reset, changed the sd card, downgraded the OS and even used a custom firmware, but still froze. I sent it back for replacement at Amazon. hope this times works out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ads: