Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree6Thanks

Thread: Le Pan TC970 30 pin connector

Junior Member Achievements:
    7 days registered 31 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    TC970 Le pan

Le Pan TC970 30 pin connector

Hi!

I lost my 30 pin usb connector for Le Pan. Where can I get a new one? And the 30 pin connector for Ipod Touch isn't compatible with the Le Pan. I heard the samsung galaxy tablet 30 pin connector could be compatible...so I just ordered one via ebay. I am uncertain that it will be compatible.

Any suggestions or help please. I contacted Amazon, where I bought it from, they told me to contact Le Pan manufacturer...their customer service number is out of line. I left them a message, no answers yet. I called best buy, and that's where they told the samsung galaxy 30 pin connector would fit but the technicians wasn't 100% sure since he never heard of the Le Pan TC970.

Thanks guys

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Le Pan TC 970; Sylvania 10" Magni Tablet
    Quote Originally Posted by just2crafty View Post
    Hi!

I lost my 30 pin usb connector for Le Pan. Where can I get a new one? And the 30 pin connector for Ipod Touch isn't compatible with the Le Pan. I heard the samsung galaxy tablet 30 pin connector could be compatible...so I just ordered one via ebay. I am uncertain that it will be compatible.

Any suggestions or help please. I contacted Amazon, where I bought it from, they told me to contact Le Pan manufacturer...their customer service number is out of line. I left them a message, no answers yet. I called best buy, and that's where they told the samsung galaxy 30 pin connector would fit but the technicians wasn't 100% sure since he never heard of the Le Pan TC970.

Thanks guys
    Crafty - I read on XDA Developers that the connector for the Sandisk Sansa E-series MP3 player worked. So I ordered it from Amazon....They were right it fit but it did not charge or sync my device. So in other words don't try this one. I guess it's possible that it was defective but it was like $2.00 so I'm just going to trash it.

I know you can order the replacements on the Le Pan website..Click below. I have heard that they are good at replying to e-mail requests.

Replacement Parts, Services, & Cases

You will have to open up a "case" with them. The price is only $4.00... Definitly one of the downfalls with propietary cables. There was also a guy on XDA that "modified" a ipad cable and got it to work.... here is that link below

xda-developers - View Single Post - Root Achieved for Le Pan TC 970

He did, in a later post, confirm that it worked.
    just2crafty thanked this.

7 days registered 31 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    TC970 Le pan
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank View Post
    Crafty - I read on XDA Developers that the connector for the Sandisk Sansa E-series MP3 player worked. So I ordered it from Amazon....They were right it fit but it did not charge or sync my device. So in other words don't try this one. I guess it's possible that it was defective but it was like $2.00 so I'm just going to trash it.

I know you can order the replacements on the Le Pan website..Click below. I have heard that they are good at replying to e-mail requests.

Replacement Parts, Services, & Cases

You will have to open up a "case" with them. The price is only $4.00... Definitly one of the downfalls with propietary cables. There was also a guy on XDA that "modified" a ipad cable and got it to work.... here is that link below

xda-developers - View Single Post - Root Achieved for Le Pan TC 970

He did, in a later post, confirm that it worked.
    Hey thanks man, I ended up modifying my ipod cable, in other words, chipping off a small piece of the side cable. It fits perfect. I can charge, sync, upload to microsd card. It's weird. Before modifying the ipod cable, I ordered a samsung galaxy cable from ebay, at the price for 1.8$, didnt receive yet but supposedly they are compatible.
    Bolsa thanked this.

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Le Pan TC 970; Sylvania 10" Magni Tablet
    Hey thanks man, I ended up modifying my ipod cable, in other words, chipping off a small piece of the side cable. It fits perfect. I can charge, sync, upload to microsd card. It's weird. Before modifying the ipod cable, I ordered a samsung galaxy cable from ebay, at the price for 1.8$, didnt receive yet but supposedly they are compatible.
    You're welcome. Let the rest of us know if the Samsung Galaxy cable works also...It's always nice to have multiple options.

1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    What small piece did you chip off? Could you describe what you did, and/or post a picture?

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using Android Tablet Forum

S87
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Name:  apple cable mod by XDA.jpg
Views: 3824
Size:  37.4 KBThe left side as referenced in this post

Still works as an Apple cable. You can get some for $1 at Dollar Tree which makes carving more appealing.
    dctab and Bolsa thanked this.

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    5,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Le Pan II
    you can buy new 30 pin connectors and chargers directly from Le Pan.
    Accessories , Le Pan They are about $4 or $5 each. I bought a couple extra because I know I will loose one at some point. Plus I can keep a charger at work and one at home.
    You have to go to support and open a parts request case.

I just noticed that frankthetank already covered this. Anyway, I did it. They came in about a week and pretty darn cheap.
    Last edited by Johna2u; 01-16-2012 at 04:12 PM.
    Bolsa thanked this.

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 3 months registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Le Pan TC970
    The same 30pin connector works from a SanDisk Sansa MP3 player too. You can walk into Bestbuy and get one off the shelf, and I can definitely confirm it fits, no cutting. My wife had an old Sansa MP3 cord and I used it, fit perfectly.
    Bolsa thanked this.
    The problem with quotes on the internet is how difficult it is to tell which are real, and which are not.
    -Abraham Lincoln

1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Fantastic. Thanks for taking the time to post the photo.

3 months registered 250 Experience Points 31 days registered 100 Experience Points 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    HP Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Cusfreak View Post
    The same 30pin connector works from a SanDisk Sansa MP3 player too. You can walk into Bestbuy and get one off the shelf, and I can definitely confirm it fits, no cutting. My wife had an old Sansa MP3 cord and I used it, fit perfectly.
    You were able to get it to charge and sync? What model Sansa is it? Frankthetank said the Sansa cable he got didn't work, and the pinouts for the E-series that I found online seem to support that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: