Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Thanks Tree1Thanks

Thread: How to Transfer to Micro SD

Super Moderator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 25,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    You should be able to put everything but apps on it. So songs, movies, documents, pictures, pretty much the things that take up the most space.
    Nexus 7
    Nook Color -
    (SD): 1. CM7 7.1.0, 2. CM7 7.0.3 Encore
    (eMMC): CM10 Nightlies
    Nook Tablet 16GB: Jelly Bean
    VTAB1008: Rooted Gingerbread

Android OS Help & How To

“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstein

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    5,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Le Pan II
    you can use it to store your pictures, videos, movies, backups and other data. i wrote a storage management guide on lepanlife.com i'd post a link but i can't seem to figure out how to do tht here from my tablet.
    Last edited by Johna2u; 04-28-2012 at 09:57 PM.
    Sent from my Le Pan II. Most likely while slouching badly on the sofa,

Junior Member Achievements:
    31 days registered 3 months registered 250 Experience Points 7 days registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Le Pan TC 970
    Quote Originally Posted by J515OP View Post
    You should be able to put everything but apps on it. So songs, movies, documents, pictures, pretty much the things that take up the most space.
    So how do you get the device to recognize it? I tried manually moving them with Windows Explorer while hooked up to my pc and it won't allow me to put anything on it. I tried doing it this way after trying to do it on the LePan II itself and giving up in frustration.....they definitely didn't make it easy to do.

250 Experience Points 31 days registered 3 months registered 100 Experience Points 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Le Pan II, LG Thrive
    Use the File Manager app that comes preinstalled.
    Locate the file that you want to move, Touch and hold it to cut or copy if you want to keep it in both places.
    Then goto where you want to paste it... this being sdcard2 you will see it in the sdcard directory.
    Once you are in the sdcard2 you can paste the file there.
    I tested it with the nature video that came loaded on the tablet and it worked fine.
    Now when I open the Gallery app it shows the sdcard2 with the video there. :

250 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 100 Experience Points 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    LepanIi
    I moved files to sd2 using Windows file manager. I just dragged and dropped files fro. One card to another. I also moved files from my computer to my le pan this same way.

7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Pandigital Novel, DigixTab730, APGtek TP15
    I have a simular problem with a Digix Tab730 recognizing 26Gig of a 32Gig card I have installed as extra storage. This tablet is suppose to have 4Gig onboard storage and expanded memory of up to 32Gig. When I go to settings/storage I see 2 listings for internal memory (added together they do NOT add up to the supposed 4 Gig). The first one listed seems to hold the "operating" system and the second holds most of the apps according to their color coding and space allocations below each drive. The 32 Gig card shows as "exsdcard" but the size claims to be only 29 Gig. I understand that some of a drive is "allocated" to use by the device, but since this drive does not seem to get accessed by the system why would they "hide" part of it.... or is it that the entire tablet can only recognize the 32 Gig of user space (3Gig internal and 29 Gig external)?

I have never bothered maxing out the sd cards in any other device I have ever owned so this is all kind of new to me.

This also raises another question ..... All the posts above refer to Honeycomb as having the issue of not allowing you to save/run apps from the external memory, but what about Android 4.0 ? Was this suppose to be resolved ??

Like I said I have a Digix Tab730, but it has a charging issue and will soon be replaced by another cheap tablet. Hoping that the new one will not have an issue saving apps to the external memory. Does seem kind of pointless to have the memory available if it won't be able to be used by apps. I had not really planned on using the tablets for much as far as music/movies/pictures. Would much rather have it able to run apps.

Thanks for any answers you can offer me.... I do understand that this thread is a bit old.

Achievements:
    5,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Le Pan II
    As far as the file sizes you are showing those look like normal numbers. Le Pan ll has 8 gb of internal storage but only 5.42 are available for storage.

No, running apps from the external sdcard (sdcard2) is still not possible on the Le Pan ll running ics. It is possible however on the new Le Pan S and on the tc970.
    I have both lp2 and lp S I think you would be happy with either one. Lp2 runs just a little smoother I think.

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%

Member #
    Level
    Device
    LePan
    Quote Originally Posted by Johna2u View Post

No, running apps from the external sdcard (sdcard2) is still not possible on the Le Pan ll running ics. It is possible however on the new Le Pan S and on the tc970.
    I have both lp2 and lp S I think you would be happy with either one. Lp2 runs just a little smoother I think.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I have the same issue that I bought a 32 SD card to store more apps (for gaming) and I'm quite bummed out that I can't do it. I don't really care about storage things since I stream those with XBMC from my PC.

Any news on the issue? I have LePan II model with 4.0.4

Achievements:

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Le Pan II
    Hi diction. The inability to move apps to sdcard is just an android thing. Its not an issue with the Le Pan ll. There are ways to do it if you are rooted. LePan Life has a new home at LePanForum.com you might find some info there.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ads: