Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Device
    Impression Tablet (Adroid)

Thumbs up Impression Upgradable?

Ok so I have not been able to find any information that indicates if I can upgrade my current Impression Tablet to the highest Android O.S. 4.0.1 Ice cream sandwich.....Can someone please help me?? Need info will it be possible? How?? Thank you in advance

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Member #
    Device
    Leader Impression i10
    Quote Originally Posted by Armas83 View Post
    Ok so I have not been able to find any information that indicates if I can upgrade my current Impression Tablet to the highest Android O.S. 4.0.1 Ice cream sandwich.....Can someone please help me?? Need info will it be possible? How?? Thank you in advance
    Same question here. Volume down and power bring up a automatic update screen but it seems as if there is no recovery mode. Maybe the firmwares update option looks for a spacific file name or type in a pre determined location and you may be able to rename a android release .zip file to match what the update mode is looking for and move the file to the proper folder on a rooted device but its all just a maybe. I would love to find out if there is a way to put ICS on my Impression i10. As it stands now I am very disappointed on how locked down and vanilla this stock OS is. ( No market )

Member #
    Device
    Impression 7 Tablet
    I need to install the Android Market in the Impression 7 Tablet. My daughter is coming in 3 weeks, I need to do it before she comes. I read and read and I don't understand. Can somebody help me? I'm a dummy in this, NEED HELP!!!!!!
    Thanks

Member #
    Device
    Impression I7

@ Thamee

I installed the MArket and Gmail from .apk files I downloaded directly. I even found a Contacts.apk so my kids can store phone numbers and email addresses. The Market sees your device as if you were in China, so you are limited to what you can get. Angry Birds works! There are quite a few others, and I am working on a way to change my device to show it's in the US so I can download more. I am also trying to put Android 3.0 on it. Email me if you want the .apk files I have. I will send them to you directly, I don't want to deal with megaupload or any of those other sites.

My address is huckinfarley AT gmail dot com.

Member #
    Device
    Impression I 10-50
    can you post a link to where you found the contact.apk?

Member #
    Device
    Impresson i10-80 Tablet
    Hello hope you were ablet to add the app. It is the Amaon App store. I have the impression i10-80 tablet.

Junior Member Achievements:
    7 days registered

Member #
    http://www.leaderinternationalinc.co...e/sdfuse-D.zip Thats the 4.0 update for the impression tablet! 1) Extract the zip file.

2) Connect your tablet to your computer using the provided USB cable and turn on USB storage under the Android character.

3) On your computer select” open folder to view files “ in the pop up. If you do not see a pop up with this option go to “ My Computer “ and select “ Removable disk

4) Click and drag over the “ sdfuse folder “ from inside the zip file to the tablets storage ( NOT THE ZIP IT”S SELF )

5) Then power off the unit

6) Press and hold the Volume- and power button until you see the bar begin to fill up (green) it will shut off halfway through at that point please hold volume + and power- bar will proceed to fill up then go to a black screen.

7) Power up unit- Your tablet is now updated.

Member #
    Device
    impression 10i
    Quote Originally Posted by malpal011 View Post
    http://www.leaderinternationalinc.co...e/sdfuse-D.zip Thats the 4.0 update for the impression tablet! 1) Extract the zip file.

2) Connect your tablet to your computer using the provided USB cable and turn on USB storage under the Android character.

3) On your computer select” open folder to view files “ in the pop up. If you do not see a pop up with this option go to “ My Computer “ and select “ Removable disk

4) Click and drag over the “ sdfuse folder “ from inside the zip file to the tablets storage ( NOT THE ZIP IT”S SELF )

6) Press and hold the Volume- and power button until you see the bar begin to fill up (green) it will shut off halfway through at that point please hold volume + and power- bar will proceed to fill up then go to a black screen.

You are the best. Thank you. Finally this tablet seems to be something. "Works very well except play store issue ( not working) "

7 days registered 31 days registered 3 months registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nextbook 8P & impression i10-80
    Quote Originally Posted by malpal011 View Post

BEWARE: This download is only compatible with certain tablets purchased at a single retailer. It is not compatible with all Impression i10 tablets. Something to do with the kernal version and the device hardware. I did it on my i10 and bricked it.

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 7 days registered 31 days registered 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    Coby Kyros 7012
    Well, I just applied the 4.0 upgrade from the link above, and my i10 is running ICS! Yay, thank you so much!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: