I've updated my ROM for the A2109 to Jelly Bean.
- Based on Lenovo's stock Jelly Bean 4.1.1 ROM
- Deodexed (allows modding/theming)
- Zipaligned (for memory optimization)
- Busybox preinstalled
- Crapware removed: Accuweather, Documents to Go, Evernote, News Republic, Norton Security, ooVoo, Memo, Sugar Sync, Zinio, and Go Keyboard
- Updated to Jelly Bean, based on Lenovo's A2109A_A411_03_13_121126 firmware
- Updated with the changes in Lenovo's A2109A_A404_02_07_121018 firmware
- Updated to Busybox to 1.20.2
- Original release based on Lenovo's A2109A_A404_02_05_120918 firmware
Upgrading from MCL0102 or MCL0103
- Reboot into ClockworkMod recovery (either with 'adb reboot recovery' or powering on and tapping Vol+ immediately)
- Wipe the Dalvik Cache (under the Advanced options in CWM)
- Install the zip with CWM
- Reboot (you'll be running Jelly Bean)
- After this first run in Jelly Bean, you'll need to update CWM to 18.104.22.168d (see Warning: The stock jelly bean update breaks clockworkmod recovery)
Installing if you're running the Stock ROM
I highly recommend backing up your apps and data with Titanium Backup beforehand as you'll need to do a factory reset to install. A Nandroid backup in ClockworkMod recovery would be a good idea too, if you want an easy way to get back to stock.
- Make sure you have your bootloader unlocked and you have ClockworkMod recovery installed.
- Download the ROM install zip from the above link and place either on your Internal SD Card or External SD Card.
- Reboot into ClockworkMod recovery (either with 'adb reboot recovery' or by powering on and tapping Vol+ immediately)
- In CWM, perform a 'wipe data/factory reset'
- In CWM, choose 'install zip from sdcard'
- Choose either 'choose zip from sdcard' or 'choose zip from external sd card' depending on where you placed the ROM zip.
- Navigate to where you placed the zip file and select it. Choose 'Yes' when asked to confirm install.
- When the install is finished, go back to CWM's main menu and choose 'reboot system now'.
- The first boot up may take longer than usual, up to a few minutes... this is normal.
- Go through the initial setup.
- If you backup up your apps with Titanium Backup, grap Titanium Backup from the Play Store.
- Restore your user apps and data with Titanium Backup (you can also restore data-only for IdeaDesktop, this will restore your desktop to the way you had it before), then reboot once more.
- After it finishes rebooting, open Titanium Backup again... if it complains about the Android ID changing, choose to restore it (this may cause another reboot).
Don't try to install an OTA from Lenovo over this, it won't work. If/when Lenovo releases an update, I'll update the ROM accordingly.
Let me know here if you have any issues/questions/comments/requests.
See the first reply for mods and themes.