Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Thanks Tree5Thanks

Thread: Battery Life?

Senior Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 31 days registered 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    lenovo a2109
    Quote Originally Posted by arbarnhart View Post
    I am using CoPilot GPS and only used it for a few short trips so far. Very pleased with the functionality, but don't have a feel for battery life yet. What are you using? Do you keep the screen on and bright?
    This morning on my way in, I used it in high power mode for an hour (I drive kids, a couple of which I pick up along the way, to 2 schools and then come in to work) and it used 20% of the battery, almost entirely attributed to the screen (according to the battery monitor in settings). I am going to try low power settings on the way home. CoPilot has a setting for fewer screen updates and I will also select the option to only turn on the backlight near turns.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Developer
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 988
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    ZTE OPEN C, Coby 7065, Coby 8042, Coby 9740
    I am using CoPilot GPS and only used it for a few short trips so far. Very pleased with the functionality, but don't have a feel for battery life yet. What are you using? Do you keep the screen on and bright?
    I use Navfree USA: Free Satnav, I never mess with brightness on either OS, they use default brightness, 3 to 3 1/2 hours JB is about dead ICS same time frame is around 50%.
    If you like my work buy me a coffee!!!

Donations Appreciated

Due to the overwhelming PM's that I receive, I am unable to answer all the questions and many questions are duplicates so PLEASE post all questions on this forum so I may better help you and any others who are having the same issues.

No PM's regarding windows questions will be answered, I am a Linux Guy.

1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 31 days registered 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    lenovo a2109
    I tried a free one first; I can't remember whether it was that one or not. Unfortunately the free maps for my area are in sad shape; counties wrong for some cities but right for the roads and it made it virtually impossible to enter addresses. Better maps from TomTom are $20 but CoPilot was only $9.99 with good maps (and there is a free one that lets you test pretty thoroughly first) and I like the UI a lot better anyway.

I wonder how well % correlates with reality. If one hour takes the battery from 100% to 80%, that doesn't mean I would get 5 hours. Besides the tablet cutting off at 6% or so, I wonder if the exact same drain that took it from 100-80 would take from 80-60 and 40-20. Based on past experience with other devices, I am betting not. I suspect that full power mode in CoPilot probably make it less than 4 hours. But because most of the power seemed to be for the screen, I have high hopes for the power saving mode...

Member #
    Device
    lenovo a2109
    I tried a free one first; I can't remember whether it was that one or not. Unfortunately the free maps for my area are in sad shape; counties wrong for some cities but right for the roads and it made it virtually impossible to enter addresses. Better maps from TomTom are $20 but CoPilot was only $9.99 with good maps (and there is a free one that lets you test pretty thoroughly first) and I like the UI a lot better anyway.

I wonder how well % correlates with reality. If one hour takes the battery from 100% to 80%, that doesn't mean I would get 5 hours. Besides the tablet cutting off at 6% or so, I wonder if the exact same drain that took it from 100-80 would take from 80-60 and 40-20. Based on past experience with other devices, I am betting not. I suspect that full power mode in CoPilot probably make it less than 4 hours. But because most of the power seemed to be for the screen, I have high hopes for the power saving mode...
    I can get it under 15% per hour using lower power saving settings. It is route dependent though, because I am choosing the option to only back light (turn brightness full) near turns. I could get it lower by choosing device settings and turning brightness way down. Most of the time that would be fine since the audio directions are quite good. But I think having it bright near turns is more realistic.

Developer
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 988
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    ZTE OPEN C, Coby 7065, Coby 8042, Coby 9740
    Quote Originally Posted by tinchoska View Post
    Definetly jb drains my battery. I have wifi on all day and airplane mode too but watchin just one movie batt stats goes into 50% on ics just down 10%.... Any suggest?

Enviado desde mi XT925 usando Tapatalk 2
    Stick with ICS?
    If you like my work buy me a coffee!!!

Donations Appreciated

Due to the overwhelming PM's that I receive, I am unable to answer all the questions and many questions are duplicates so PLEASE post all questions on this forum so I may better help you and any others who are having the same issues.

No PM's regarding windows questions will be answered, I am a Linux Guy.

Member #
    Device
    lenovo a2109
    Quote Originally Posted by tinchoska View Post
    Definetly jb drains my battery. I have wifi on all day and airplane mode too but watchin just one movie batt stats goes into 50% on ics just down 10%.... Any suggest?
    How long of a movie? That 10% number sounds really low. Usually it is between 2 and 3 movies to drain a battery on most tablets. I watched movies and played games on ICS before upgrading and there is no dramatic difference in battery life since going to JB.

BTW, Airplane mode has wifi off, but supposedly drains less than wifi off. I leave wifi on all the time, connected or not.
    Last edited by arbarnhart; 02-21-2013 at 10:14 AM.
    tinchoska thanked this.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 3 months registered Tagger First Class 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Acer Iconia A1-810, Acer Iconia A500
    Pretty good for me.
    If I am Surfing, Emails, Watch Videos, Listen to some Music while working on it, Downloading some, and Play games I got around 9 hours before hitting 10%.
    Now solid gaming approx 6 hours.
    And mine is set on Auto Brightness with Wifi on all the time.
    Not bad at all in my opinion.
    My Iconia A500 had a Tegra 2 in it and it didn't get any better then that.

If I was just listening to music and surfing and maybe doing some work on it.
    I figure I'd get around anywhere between 9 to 12 hours easy.

As I said not bad for a $200 tablet and a $500 Asus is only rated at 10 to 12 hours.
    Laziness Breeds Stupidity. ​President John Henry Eden "Raven Rock" Fallout 3.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ads: