Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Junior Member Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    LG G - SLATE

Flixster / ultraviolet

Flixster now works on android 3.1
    You can watch your ultraviolet movies on your device!! Its awesome

Sent from my LG-V909 using Android Tablet Forum

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

3 months registered 100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Asus Transformer T101, HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Yes, works great. I am using the ASUS Transformer 101. Does anybody know where the downloaded movies from flixster actually go? I want to move the file to my microSD.

Member #
    Device
    Asus Eee Pad Transformer (TF101)
    Quote Originally Posted by microbioguy74 View Post
    Yes, works great. I am using the ASUS Transformer 101. Does anybody know where the downloaded movies from flixster actually go? I want to move the file to my microSD.
    To answer your question, the files are stored in the following folder on the Asus Eee Pad Transformer (TF101):

/sdcard/Android/data/net.flixster.android/files/wv/

Unfortunately, the downloaded movie files placed in this location don't seem to be playable when they are moved elsewhere, including to external storage. I have two external 32GB cards in my Transformer (1 micro in the tablet itself, and 1 SDHC in the keyboard dock), so I'd rather put the file on one of those than have it taking up 1GB of space on my tablet's internal storage, but it seems that the downloaded .mp4 files can only be played through the Flixster app (no other video playing apps seem to work with the files), and only when it is in the original download folder (which you cannot choose when you download the files from the Flixster app).

Looks like the only solution (for now) is to copy the file to an external card when not in use, and then copy it back to this default folder in your tablet's main memory when you want to watch it, though this is a bit bothersome and not a greatworkaround.

Hope this answer helps some folks! It's disappointing. I hope they will change it.

AndyNYC

3 months registered 250 Experience Points 31 days registered 100 Experience Points 7 days registered

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by andynyc

To answer your question, the files are stored in the following folder on the Asus Eee Pad Transformer (TF101):

/sdcard/Android/data/net.flixster.android/files/wv/

Unfortunately, the downloaded movie files placed in this location don't seem to be playable when they are moved elsewhere, including to external storage. I have two external 32GB cards in my Transformer (1 micro in the tablet itself, and 1 SDHC in the keyboard dock), so I'd rather put the file on one of those than have it taking up 1GB of space on my tablet's internal storage, but it seems that the downloaded .mp4 files can only be played through the Flixster app (no other video playing apps seem to work with the files), and only when it is in the original download folder (which you cannot choose when you download the files from the Flixster app).

Looks like the only solution (for now) is to copy the file to an external card when not in use, and then copy it back to this default folder in your tablet's main memory when you want to watch it, though this is a bit bothersome and not a greatworkaround.

Hope this answer helps some folks! It's disappointing. I hope they will change it.

AndyNYC
    Hi AndyNYC - I have the new Asus Infinity. I can download the movies from flixster to my tablet,but then they won't play! Any thoughts on this?

Ads: