Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree20Thanks

Thread: Novo 7 Basic 4.0.3 Firmware & Nov 7 Paladin 4.0.3 Firmware Update

Senior Member Achievements:
    150,000 Experience Points 100,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Ainol NOVO 7 Paladin, NOVO 7 Elf, Samsung Galaxy SII, iPad 2

Novo 7 Basic 4.0.3 Firmware & Nov 7 Paladin 4.0.3 Firmware Update

A little introduction, Ainol Novo 7 Paladin and Ainol Novo 7 Basic are some of the cheapest Android tablets currently in the market, manufactured by a China-based company Ainol. Both these Android tablet runs on the latest Android v4.0.1 Ice Cream Sandwich Operating System.

You probably stumble into this page looking for an update for your Ainol Novo 7 Basic or Ainol Novo 7 Paladin that still runs on Ice Cream Sandwich v4.0.1. From this page, you can download the update file from v4.0.1 to ICS 4.0.3.
    Why update? Since the ICS v4.0.1 is new, it’s no surprise that it comes with some issues. Some known issues are fluctuating/choppy WiFi connection, HTML5 problem and some apps does not install or are not compatible.
    The Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 seeks to solve some of the known issues mentioned above. Below are the download links to the said updates.
    Note: Try these updates at your own risk!
    For Ainol Novo 7 Basic:
    Download Android ICS 4.0.3 update Basic here
    For Ainol Novo 7 Paladin:
    Download Android ICS 4.0.3 update Knight here
    The download page are in Simple Chinese characters. If you do not understand Chinese, see the image below.

Android v4.0.1 to v4.0.3 upgrade instructions:
    1. Download the corresponding file above that matched to your unit.
    2. Rename the file to update.zip
    3. Copy the update.zip to the SD card of your Ainol Novo 7 Basic/Paladin tablet
    4. Turn off or shutdown the device
    5. Insert the card that contains the file update.zip
    6. Turn on the tablet by pressing Volume + and Power button together.
    7. Update process should begin
    8. After the update process it will reboot, and your done!
    Last edited by McBub.com; 02-16-2012 at 06:43 AM. Reason: edit download link
    s0ldier and TurningJohn thanked this.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Thanks a lot...
    When i receive my Basic, I will update very soon it to Android 4.0.3

I'm so sad because the Italian Custom need too much time to send my package :'(

7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Novo Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by McBub.com View Post
    You probably stumble into this page looking for an update for your Ainol Novo 7 Basic or Ainol Novo 7 Paladin that still runs on Ice Cream Sandwich v4.0.1. From this page, you can download the update file from v4.0.1 to ICS 4.0.3.
    Why update? Since the ICS v4.0.1 is new, it’s no surprise that it comes with some issues. Some known issues are fluctuating/choppy WiFi connection, HTML5 problem and some apps does not install or are not compatible.
    The Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 seeks to solve some of the known issues mentioned above. Below are the download links to the said updates.
    Note: Try these updates at your own risk!
    For Ainol Novo 7 Basic:
    Download Android ICS 4.0.3 update Basic here
    For Ainol Novo 7 Paladin:
    Download Android ICS 4.0.3 update Knight here
    Hi there.

Thanks for the advice/links to attempt an ICS update.

I'm trying to do it now.....in the midst of downloading the zip file........but it's showing as a 299MB file with over 9 hours left to download!

Pardon my stupidity (if that's what causes my questions... :-), but,

1. Is this not an EXTREMELY slow download? (I'm doing it on a rather fast Lenovo laptop on a high speed cable hookup)
    2. If it's 299MB when zipped, how monstrous will this thing be when UN-zipped, and how long will it take to install? (How long will it take just to transfer onto my SD card?)
    3. I can understand why people say "do at your own risk".....but, are you aware of this file being used successfully by SEVERAL people? (OR, conversely, are you aware of it bricking anyone's Novo?)

Thanks for any feedback from you, or anyone else with experience using this file/update.

Mike

7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Novo Paladin
    I've tried doing this update twice, following the instructions above (from McBub).....with no success.
    Has anyone else been able to achieve this update?
    Has anyone else seen any other download or instructions elsewhere on the web?

I'm getting a little frustrated.
    Thanks for any "updates"!

Michael

150,000 Experience Points 100,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Hi

I just change the download link,please try to download again? are you NOvo 7 paladin or Novo 7 Basic?

7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Novo Paladin
    Paladin. I will try the link again.

7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Novo Paladin
    When you say you "just" changed the download link.......WHEN did you do it? When I click on your "Download Android ICS 4.0.3 update Knight here".... I still get directed to the page: update_knight_4.0.3.zip, same as before, where I got the file that doesn't work. (Whose website is that, by the way? It doesn't look like an Ainol official page. Does the manufacturer not have a page with the update on it?)

Have YOU performed this update on a Novo Paladin? Or, do you know of anyone else who has?
    It does nothing on mine.

Thanks for your continued assistance.
    Michael

Member #
    Device
    hi friend, the download link already changed, it is update_knight_4.0.3.zip, this is a site which allow you to upload files to internet ,like uploading.com or other site if you heared those.
    and the download speed shouldn't be so slow. because i try it here,and the speed is about 200k/s. how about yours? we already update the novo 7 basic, but haven't got a chance to update this paladin version,we will try it later, and post a video for you guys to check. i also check on google. there are some guys already updating successfully.
    TurningJohn thanked this.

7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Novo Paladin
    Thanks very much for getting back to me!

hi friend, the download link already changed, it is update_knight_4.0.3.zip, this is a site which allow you to upload files to internet ,like uploading.com or other site if you heared those. .
    Yes.....I found the site OK......and I was able to download the file........it just didn't do anything when I copied and tired to load it into the Paladin. When I rebooted my tablet, with the update.zip file on my SD card, the Paladin DID go into "update" mode......but when it finished and booted into "normal" running mode, I checked the OS version in Settings and still showed Android 4.0.1.

and the download speed shouldn't be so slow. because i try it here,and the speed is about 200k/s. how about yours?
    I quit all other operations and was able to get a faster download (finished in about 20 minutes....not sure of the speed.....and DID retrieve the entire file OK.)

we already update the novo 7 basic, but haven't got a chance to update this paladin version,we will try it later, and post a video for you guys to check. i also check on google. there are some guys already updating successfully.
    Can you please send me the link(s) to forums (or wherever) where you saw people say they were able to update a Paladin to 4.0.3? I would like to contact them directly and ask them how they did it and if they had problems and/or have any tips.

Thanks again,
    Michael

Member #
    Hi UncleMike

I might be able to help here. I experienced the same problem as you. Then i copied the update.zip file to an external micro SD card instead. After putting this external card into the tablet and following the installation procedure, the update worked just fine. I'm currently running 4.0.3 on my Paladin. Observe however, that all data and configuration on the unit will be wiped in the process.
    TurningJohn thanked this.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads: