Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Thanks Tree1Thanks

Thread: Ainol Novo 7 Series Firmware Update Step by Step instructions!!!

Senior Member Achievements:
    150,000 Experience Points 100,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Ainol NOVO 7 Paladin, NOVO 7 Elf, Samsung Galaxy SII, iPad 2

Thumbs up Ainol Novo 7 Series Firmware Update Step by Step instructions!!!

Ainol Novo 7 Firmware Update Guide(Suit for Novo 7 ELF,Novo 7 Aurora,Novo 7 Advance II)
    Name:  NOVO7.jpg
Views: 25673
Size:  20.8 KB
    First you should download the right firmware for your tablets, then Download the latest LiveSuit PC Application from HERE and download the NOVO 7 USB DRIVER from HERE,

• Make sure the device is fully charged.
    • Backup ALL data as the firmware update will format the device.
    • Extract firmware and LiveSuit .rar files to a folder named Novo7 on your desktop.
    • Install the LiveSuit application.

Follow the steps below to carry out the Novo 7 firmware update procedure…Launch the LiveSuit application
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 26770
Size:  16.0 KB

Browse firmware file by clicking the icon below
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 25609
Size:  13.0 KB

Select the downloaded and extracted Novo 7 firmware .img file
    Name:  3.jpg
Views: 25741
Size:  14.7 KB
    Name:  4.jpg
Views: 25477
Size:  12.7 KB

Please follow the following steps carefully to activate the firmware upgrade process
    1) Confirm the Novo 7 is switched off, if not switch it off now.
    2) Press and hold the VOL + button (for NOVO 7 ELF, there is no VOL+,you can press the home button)
    3) Connect USB cable from computer to Novo 7 Please note if using windows XP you may require android usb drivers for hardware installation, we have included these within the LiveSuitPack.
    4) Press the power button 5-6 times quickly whilst keeping the VOL + button pressed

When the steps above have been carried out correctly, the following window below will be displayed...
    At this point you MUST release both buttons or the device will switch off.
    the photos is here: ( I just can attach 5 files in each post :-(, so i have to upload the photo in mediafire)
    5.jpg 6.jpg

Firmware upgrade process successfully started, please wait 2-3mins to complete
    here is the photo: 7.jpg

Novo 7 firmware upgrade successfully completed here is the photo:
    8.jpg

Once the Novo 7 firmware update is complete the language will be set to Chinese as default, to change the language and also a few other options we suggest, see below…

Language Change
    Go to settings & select language menu with the following icon [A] Select your desired language & reboot to take full affect

Wi-Fi Sleep Policy
    Go to: settings / wireless & networks / wifi settings Press the Menu button & select advanced Select wifi sleep policy and change to never

Display Sleep
    Go to: settings / display / screen timeout Change to desired time – we suggest 10mins

PS: Firmware Download Address:

NOVO 7 ELF: Novo7Elf0302.zip (this version can use google play store and skype,already tested by mcbub.com)

NOVO 7 Aurora : Novo7Aurora0301_Android4.0.3.zip

Novo 7 Advance II: Novo7AdvancedII0303.zip

If you want to buy those tablet, here is the link:

NOVO-7, cheap NOVO-7, Buy cheap NOVO-7 on McBub.com.

We have NOVO 7 ELF,Novo 7 Basic and Novo 7 Paladin IN STOCK NOW, Ready for Ship!
    Last edited by McBub.com; 05-02-2013 at 03:12 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Member #
    This method does not work for me at all. I have the android USB drivers loaded, livesuite opened, rom loaded, holding down the home button, insert USB cord to tablet...boom livesuite pops up with a little blank window with a yellow exclimation mark and a box saying 'OK'

Frantically pressing the power button while inserting USB cord does nothing.

150,000 Experience Points 100,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    What is yellow exclimation you are talking? we have flashed a lot of elf with this instructions, if you still can't make it work,i will try to make a video for a instructions. good luck to you
    Quote Originally Posted by d_mann81 View Post
    This method does not work for me at all. I have the android USB drivers loaded, livesuite opened, rom loaded, holding down the home button, insert USB cord to tablet...boom livesuite pops up with a little blank window with a yellow exclimation mark and a box saying 'OK'

Frantically pressing the power button while inserting USB cord does nothing.

Member #
    Device
    Ainol Novo 7 Elf
    Thank you, I'll use these instructions when I get my tablet through.
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 03-23-2012 at 11:59 PM.

Member #
    Device
    Novo 7 Elf, Samsung Galaxy i9003
    Thanks a lot, McBub.com. Instructions worked and now I have Android Marketplace on the Novo 7 Elf that I bought today. I had one problem when trying to connect my tablet with Windows 7 computer. It got corrected after I turned the USB debugging off. Once it got connected, it took me 3 attempts before I was able to correctly follow the procedure of pressing Power button 5-6 times. After that, it worked perfectly and I am running the tablet with upgraded firmware!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by McBub.com View Post
    What is yellow exclimation you are talking? we have flashed a lot of elf with this instructions, if you still can't make it work,i will try to make a video for a instructions. good luck to you
    Please do make a video because I've found 4 different websites that all have different instructions for updating firmware on the novo 7 elf.

Also could you please provide all the drivers to be installed before or during the update and if debugging needs to be on or off. I'm running windows 7 if that makes a difference.

Right now the driver that is installed with a yellow exclimation beside it in Device Manager shows: USB Device(VID_1f3a_PID_efe8), when I plug the USB into the device to do the firmware update, a duplicate USB Device(VID_1f3a_PID_efe8) is discovered but does not have the exclimation mark beside it. This is also the time that the program pops up a small windows box with the yellow exclimation mark and an ok button and the upgrade does not happen.
    dvpower thanked this.

Member #
    Device
    ainol novo 7 advance 2

Ainol novo 7 ICS doesnt work

Dear McBub.com,

I have used a script written in some android forum to install google play. The script was written for Novo7advance2. However it didn't work and now I have the AINOL screen when starting the tablet. I have tried to use the instructions and it didn't work... Do you have any idea?
    If I can provide further information - please no not hesitate to make contact..

Thank you very much from advance,
    Kobi.
    Last edited by McBub.com; 04-05-2012 at 01:06 AM. Reason: delete the quote

Junior Member Achievements:
    7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Ainol Novo7 Elf

ELF Update

Is this update to ICS? And if so, does this patch cause major battery drainage like the current patch I'm using in order to get Google Play to work with the Elf? Also, does this update completely allow full English support? Thanks.

Member #
    Device
    Hi, which version of novo 7 you have? ELF or paladin or what? confirm the model with me, so i can try to help.

Quote Originally Posted by kobison View Post
    Dear McBub.com,

I have used a script written in some android forum to install google play. The script was written for Novo7advance2. However it didn't work and now I have the AINOL screen when starting the tablet. I have tried to use the instructions and it didn't work... Do you have any idea?
    If I can provide further information - please no not hesitate to make contact..

Thank you very much from advance,
    Kobi.

Member #
    Device
    yes,this is for ELF updating to ICS, and after you flash this firmware, the android market will be pre-installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfasano View Post
    Is this update to ICS? And if so, does this patch cause major battery drainage like the current patch I'm using in order to get Google Play to work with the Elf? Also, does this update completely allow full English support? Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads: