Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Junior Member Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Velocity Micro Cruz t301

Wink New Velocity T301 Owner

I am new to this community, and to tablet ownership. Very new. As in, I'm writing this in the flushed enthusiasm of having just bought my first tablet, but I'm still waiting for it to arrive. It should be here anywhere from 2-6 days, and it's likely to be a slooow week for me. I've been an enthusiast of mobile computing since palm pilots were the top of the industry, but have never had the expendable income to put into such a pricey toy. Android caught my interest as soon as I saw Google was working up competition for the iphones, and after about 6 months of playing with a hand-me-down 3s iphone, (and about a year and a half of saving gift $), I've decided to purchase a low-end tablet now, and aim for a honeycomb tablet in about 2 years, when the market has matured a bit (and you can find a solid honeycomb for $300 or less, I hope). My tablet is the Velocity Micro Cruz T301 (yes, yes, I'm aware the Micro Cruzes have a HORRIBLE reputation. We'll see.) My main use for it is as a digital notebook (calendar, schedule, recipes, lists, car maintenance, budget, pics of my kids) and music player. When I do upgrade, I intend to use it for basic entertainment and education of my preschooler (turning 4 soon). Meanwhile, if I like it, I'll be able to pass the old iphone off to her. I hope to use this forum to find others who use this tablet, answer questions, and find apps that will work with the below-average hardware provided by the t301.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78
    Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your tablet. I would be once you get hooked, you won't be able to wait the two years!

BTW - I currently run Bottle of Smoke 4.1, which is a HoneyComb ROM on my ViewSonic G-Tablet (which can be had for $280)...

Glad to have you here, and let us know what we can do help!
    Peter B. - email: tardis@androidtablets.net | Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: pbbrauer@gmail.com
    Current Devices, ROMs:
    (Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-9.4.2.15 v1 ROM
    (Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3

Remember to "Thank" people that help you out! |Click here for general Questions?

Junior Member Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Velocity Micro Cruz t301
    Thanks for the welcome! You're probably right, especially when I'll have to fight my daughter for it, and her toddler sister will want one too, before then! It's just a question of when resources and features meet at a point I'm happy with. I'm glad I found this site, though, since I think I'll be able to pick up a better sense of which tablets are worth considering. It's hard to tell from newegg and amazon reviews whether the reviewer's expectations were reasonable or whether they have any competence at all. It's nice to find a group of enthusiasts to learn from!

Ads: